Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Soc for People of 'GRDCT2008' Mk VI Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Hi! I remember that thread! All those years ago... I didn't get the 11Us I predicted myself on there, but oh well! It's odd to think that it was so long ago...
    :hi:

Yeahh it is scary. And i'm a bit embarrassed at myself for still being on here two years later :sigh:

OH and everyone:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Am I right in thinking if I've got.. 80/100, 87/100 and 93/100 then in my next exam to get an A overall I only need 60/100?

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

Yeahh it is scary. And i'm a bit embarrassed at myself for still being on here two years later :sigh:

OH and everyone:
    Yup thats right you need a very low C

Hey steffi (I remember you. ) - Request accepted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overclocked)
    Yup thats right you need a very low C
    And now i'm suddenly not as worried about getting an A in psychology, although i'm still gonna revise my bum off.

Now i'm worried about getting a B in History :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Hey steffi (I remember you. ) - Request accepted.
    If you're thinking of the overly pessimistic one, that's me haha. Thanks!

Now i'm worried about getting a B in History :o:
    Same! I really need to get rid of my countdown to my first exam... Seeing the seconds tick by makes me feel sick.

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    If you're thinking of the overly pessimistic one, that's me haha. Thanks!
    :ninja: I think I remembered the username. :holmes:

Not to worry. :hat2:

After some digging up: The original countdown thread postcount

Not the original soc thread, but the actual countdown thread. :beard: The amount of posts we all lost. :emo:

Edit: I wasn't even in the Top 10 posters of that thread :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    :bhangra:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on holidaaaay.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still trying to work out what to firm and insure :cry:

Ooh, where to jaz? :teeth:

What's your current thinking natty? :console:

ReputationRep:
    I've just been reading through the past few days' posts, and everyone seems to have done so well in their Jan exams. I know it's a bit late, but... [rainbow]Well done![/rainbow]

ReputationRep:
    What's your current thinking natty? :console:
    I don't know :puppyeyes: Even with my results, I can still with quite a bit of work meet my UCL offer. But I like Warwick and I'm not sure about King's. The whole A in every core module still :afraid: me, what if I have a bad day. I also can't discard my Queen Mary offer because if I use it as an insurance it means I can still go to uni. However, depending on which way round I accept offers, it means that I may have to be at home. Which I do not want, at all

ReputationRep:
    Okay, you guys are intelligent. How would you advise someone who hasn't been to lessons in a month to catch up on all the work? :awesome: I've photocopied a lot of it, but it's not helping...

natty_d: good luck with deciding, I believe UCAS was invented to torture students.

ReputationRep:
    After some digging up: The original countdown thread postcount

Not the original soc thread, but the actual countdown thread. :beard: The amount of posts we all lost. :emo:

Edit: I wasn't even in the Top 10 posters of that thread :fyi:
    6th highest poster :king2:

(Original post by natty_d)
    I don't know :puppyeyes: Even with my results, I can still with quite a bit of work meet my UCL offer. But I like Warwick and I'm not sure about King's. The whole A in every core module still :afraid: me, what if I have a bad day. I also can't discard my Queen Mary offer because if I use it as an insurance it means I can still go to uni. However, depending on which way round I accept offers, it means that I may have to be at home. Which I do not want, at all
    Well firstly, don't feel pressured into anything. :console:

I mean, on reading this I'd say UCL and Warwick. You really want to go to Warwick, but if you work immensely hard to go for UCL, then in doing so, if you just miss UCL you'll comfortably be at Warwick? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Well firstly, don't feel pressured into anything. :console:

I mean, on reading this I'd say UCL and Warwick. You really want to go to Warwick, but if you work immensely hard to go for UCL, then in doing so, if you just miss UCL you'll comfortably be at Warwick? :erm:
    UCL is A*AAe but Warwick is AAAa. I'm worried that I may miss both these offers tbh

UCL is A*AAe but Warwick is AAAa. I'm worried that I may miss both these offers tbh
    Ah ok, I though Warwick was AAB, sorry.

What are the offers from the other unis then?

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, I though Warwick was AAB, sorry.

What are the offers from the other unis then?
    King's is AAAe (with A's in C1-C4) and Queen Mary is AAB. :moon:

King's is AAAe (with A's in C1-C4) and Queen Mary is AAB. :moon:
    :beard: (How have you done in Core so far?)

Well, when I was talking to you the other day, your heart seems pretty set on Warwick and if you think you're going to struggle to get that A* then I'd say firm that? Or, if you think you can get As in all the Cores, then firm King's and insure Warwick?

I know you're not particularly keen on QM but if King's is looking unlikely, then maybe it's a Warwick/QM combo. That'd give you a great target to do some work to not go to QM as well. :beard:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.