(Original post by raceforthefishman)
    :jiggy:?!?!?!?
    :lolwut:

:cool: fish is fine...haha

i didnt mean that literally :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i'm put off dentistry for life now
    yeh i should be but ive managed to eat today and i think im pushing it a bit and that i shouldnt have

oo yeh i had rice but was bad and had curry with it had soup on the first day though:yy:

i could never do what the dentist did to me(well 2 different ones second was private and her injections were not as painful as the first; she was brutal!):no: i was screaming in pain(not loud just sadly and ..in pain:sadnod:

but thanks:hugs:

I will always always remember when I had mine taken out
    was VERY sudden emergency appointment and I was on a bus going shopping then got the phone call so had to get off the bus in the middle of nowhere -- I didn't know where I was....try to navigate parents to the place...go to dentist

x-ray...'your tooth is ******'....injection...no it hurts...injection...no it hurts...*the biggest needle I have ever seen* INJECTION....then pulling a bit...'im going to need the bigger pair'...then like a pair of bolt cutters (near enough) passing over my face....him like straining...SNAP sweet relief...

was all done in like 15mins came out and was like :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I will always always remember when I had mine taken out
    was VERY sudden emergency appointment and I was on a bus going shopping then got the phone call so had to get off the bus in the middle of nowhere -- I didn't know where I was....try to navigate parents to the place...go to dentist

x-ray...'your tooth is ******'....injection...no it hurts...injection...no it hurts...*the biggest needle I have ever seen* INJECTION....then pulling a bit...'im going to need the bigger pair'...then like a pair of bolt cutters (near enough) passing over my face....him like straining...SNAP sweet relief...

was all done in like 15mins came out and was like :lolwut:

yeh lol i had 4 injections in the time frame of less than two days. the first dentist let me hold her hand a little and her nurse also let me the second was like don't put your hand near my arm as i raised them in pain lol and the nurse didn't offer; damn i sound like a baby but the latter dentists as i said were less painful. the first dentist was so brutal its like she wanted me in and out pronto even the other patient said so in the waiting room and my mum think she gave me an infection (second dentist agreed and gave me some tablets). so yeah the first was rough and really damaged my gum/cheek kind of!. eek

yeh those injections out of the four i only saw 2: 1 at each. i can bear whats happening to me(no actually i cant not the pain lol) as long as I do not see the equipment so i didnt open my eyes at all during the procedure!

ReputationRep:
    yes rach is fine!

anything really...i respond to most things
    How about idiot? :awesome:

I joke... :getmecoat: Rachel is a lovely name tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    How about idiot? :awesome:

I joke... :getmecoat: Rachel is a lovely name tbh.
    idiot is quite fitting

and thanks...and you spelt it right :teeth: :king1:

rachAel...does NOT spell rachel...pfft

ReputationRep:
    sup gangstas

ReputationRep:
    :O not seen you in a while

how you keeping?

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad thanks; yourself?

What the devil...:p:

ReputationRep:
    im well thanks

where've you been

ReputationRep:
    I suppose this would be a good time to have an exiting story about what i've got up to :p: .

Just really busy i suppose! even moreso than usual these last few weeks with all the traveling for my nuffield thingy, early starts in the summer holidays . If i wasn't such a slut for science... :p:

Did i miss anything gooooooooooooooood? other than certain soc members modships (my congratulations!)

Wow, the excitement is mighty high! :p:
    On the other hand, at least you're doing something that you enjoy and all that jazz! :rolleyes:

:hat2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Locke)
    I suppose this would be a good time to have an exiting story about what i've got up to :p: .

Just really busy i suppose! even moreso than usual these last few weeks with all the traveling for my nuffield thingy, early starts in the summer holidays . If i wasn't such a slut for science... :p:

Did i miss anything gooooooooooooooood? other than certain soc members modships (my congratulations!)
    :eek3: :eek3:
    What did you do for your nuffield thing? I'd applid to do one and got a place but I worked out it would be up at 5 and home at 8 every day...i couldnt do it...and £20 a day to get there *damn not being able to drive*
    did you enjoy it?

I'm sure you can't be as much of a little science whore as me

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    :dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob9001)
    did you submit your PS?
    what did the helpers say?
    yeah i submitted it
    she was really helpful, corrected some bits (I didn't realise but i really can't use commas and semi colons )
    and changed some bits for me/suggested other stuff

ReputationRep:
    :eek3: :eek3:
    What did you do for your nuffield thing?
    Isolating, identifying and purifying intermediates in the conversion of 3 methylorsellenic acid ->->->-> stipitatic acid in the fungus talaromyces stipitatus

Is a general overview; lots of yummy molecular biology, microbiology and analytical chemistry. I'm still doing it at the moment!

I'd applid to do one and got a place but I worked out it would be up at 5 and home at 8 every day...i couldnt do it...and £20 a day to get there *damn not being able to drive*
    I get up at ~6.30 at get home between 7 and 8 :o: . I think i actually make what works out as 60p an hour profit. That's not really the reason anyone would choose any kind of science though :p: .

did you enjoy it?
    Well, for now i would consider myself better at knowing what not to do that what to do. That said it's new research and has given me hugely improved lab skills (you can't use million pound NMR machines at school!) and a good all round experience of academia. Also a good opportunity to download lots and lots of journal articles and do lots of reading if you're a bit nerdy :o: .

I'm sure you can't be as much of a little science whore as me
    OH REALLY . I bet i ammm .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Locke)
    Isolating, identifying and purifying intermediates in the conversion of 3 methylorsellenic acid ->->->-> stipitatic acid in the fungus talaromyces stipitatus

Is a general overview; lots of yummy molecular biology, microbiology and analytical chemistry. I'm still doing it at the moment!

I get up at ~6.30 at get home between 7 and 8 :o: . I think i actually make what works out as 60p an hour profit. That's not really the reason anyone would choose any kind of science though :p: .

Well, for now i would consider myself better at knowing what not to do that what to do. That said it's new research and has given me hugely improved lab skills (you can't use million pound NMR machines at school!) and a good all round experience of academia. Also a good opportunity to download lots and lots of journal articles and do lots of reading if you're a bit nerdy :o: .

OH REALLY . I bet i ammm .
    I am so unbelievably jealous its unreal damnyousir

^^^if all goes to plan, one day, that is what my life will be^^

good effort though

EDIT:
    ill settle for middle
    you can be the science rent-boy and i'll be the science whore
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I am so unbelievably jealous its unreal damnyousir

^^^if all goes to plan, one day, that is what my life will be^^

good effort though

EDIT:
    ill settle for middle
    you can be the science rent-boy and i'll be the science whore
    :yy:
    Right on the biology/chemistry border :coma:

lmao; what a title :p: .

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.