Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently applied for accomodation at Roehampton university and discovered they have a 35 mile rule. I live about 10-15 miles away from the uni, but want to live in. Does anyone know what chance i have got of getting accomodation, or is anyone else in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm not to sure on the specific uni, but usually it means you aren't guaranteed accommodation but if there is spare after the rest have allocated then you might be given an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity why do you want accomomdation? Seems like alot of money for a 15 min bus ride to me.

ReputationRep:
    Call them up. Even if you're not given accommodation to start off with you may be given it if people move out/quit, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ok cheers for the answers. I wana live in cos iv heard its part of the experience living in, i want the independance as well, ye it is a lot of money but iv heard its part of university life

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.