Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi could someone who took the GCSE music exam in may tell me what was on the exam? Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalalaura)
    Hi could someone who took the GCSE music exam in may tell me what was on the exam? Thankyou
    Just make sure that you are aware of the dates of the different musical periods.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, is that it? what vocab do you need to know?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, is that it? what vocab do you need to know?
    I did my exam last yr, and had to know the styles of different peroids eg modern, classical etc, also you should be able to name some of the techniques used in the different. Also knowing terms like polyphonic etc also helps

I used this webbie for most of my music revision: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/music/

the site is quite useful...but after like 1/2 hr of being on it can also drive you crazy =)

But dont worry too much about it, if you go into the exam with good c/work marks etc you will do great =)

Hope this helps & good luck

Cat

ReputationRep:
    Thanks problem is i haven't done a composition yet and i have to hand two in on monday and perform one SHHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

ReputationRep:
    Thanks problem is i haven't done a composition yet and i have to hand two in on monday and perform one SHHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    Lol dont worry too much about it I rushed my 2nd composition too and I did fine =)

If you are doing a piece in a rush you should do serialism, its ugly sounding but gets you very high marks very easily =)

As for performing....you doing your own composition/ someone else's? When you do it, dont worry about it coz you just play it to your tecaher anyways and they give you as many recording as you like...think I was so nervous by the ned i had about 5 recordings before I got the one I liked.

Also do you play more than one instrument? Coz in some boards if you play 2 different instruments eg in one performance play one instrument then in another play your other one, you can sometimes gain mark from that =)

Anyways good luck! *btw you doing your mocks right for your music listening? dont worry my tecaher marks our whole class up for the mocks coz we all did so crap =)*

Cat

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.