Turn on thread page Beta

Is this cheap for a gym? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, I just joined up for the very first time with a gym in London that costs £17 a month, no contract (but a £29 joining fee when you start). Is this cheap?

My stats:

Height: 6 ft 1 exactly
    Weight: 75.3kg

Is that normal? I just want to be lightly toned as I think I'm naturally skinny-fat (bad diet, pockets of fat in unsightly places), so what do I do? I don't want to be thickly muscular, but lightly toned by uni in Sept.

Is this possible?

What do I do?

I don't have a personal trainer there though, whatever that is :/

ReputationRep:
    Well, I just joined up for the very first time with a gym in London that costs £17 a month, no contract (but a £29 joining fee when you start). Is this cheap?

My stats:

Height: 6 ft 1 exactly
    Weight: 75.3kg

Is that normal? I just want to be lightly toned as I think I'm naturally skinny-fat (bad diet, pockets of fat in unsightly places), so what do I do? I don't want to be thickly muscular, but lightly toned by uni in Sept.

Is this possible?

What do I do?

I don't have a personal trainer there though, whatever that is :/

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO CHEAP , ITS BASICLY FREE , i pay 65 quid a month for mine (esporta) and i only need the tennis courts !

ReputationRep:
    Very cheap! And no contract you say? Where is this gym?

ReputationRep:
    What equipment has the gym got?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is £30 per month (and a £15 registration fee), so yeah I'd say your gym is seriously cheap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Very cheap! And no contract you say? Where is this gym?
    Here... I'm searching for the linky now, it's in South London btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    What equipment has the gym got?
    When I had a look, it had everything....even virtual motivational classes that run hourly, but it hasn't got a swimming pool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Montarnna)
    Mine is £30 per month (and a £15 registration fee), so yeah I'd say your gym is seriously cheap
    Really?!?!

OMG!

They've also got a £10 monthly membership, but with a contract of 18months + a £39 joining fee.

ReputationRep:
    What do you eat in a typical day? Also, any pics?

(also, don't lie to your friends about going on holiday (other thread) if you're not a troll then I'll tell you why, it's really, really stupid)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopelessly Hopeful)
    When I had a look, it had everything....even virtual motivational classes that run hourly, but it hasn't got a swimming pool.
    Well as long as it's got everything that you plan to use, then yeah I'd say that you're getting a good deal. What things are you planning to use?

ReputationRep:
    I pay 15quid a month...thats only if i pay in chunks of 6 months...student discount ...but i live in leicester...where the best of gyms are probs abt 40quid a month....if i didnt get student discount it would be about 30quid.

ReputationRep:
    Wow thats cheap i need to move to london

ReputationRep:
    Yeh that's quite good, i pay 20.50 a month.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.fitspacegyms.co.uk/

Not just in London btw ...

ReputationRep:
    my gym is only £15 a month with 20 joining fee - ye its a lot cheaper than most othe gyms in the area

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    What do you eat in a typical day? Also, any pics?

(also, don't lie to your friends about going on holiday (other thread) if you're not a troll then I'll tell you why, it's really, really stupid)
    Here's the link: http://www.fitspacegyms.co.uk/

Not just in london btw

And yeah, i'm ******* stupid, i know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u4m1r)
    my gym is only £15 a month with 20 joining fee - ye its a lot cheaper than most othe gyms in the area
    Where's this in? Mitcham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopelessly Hopeful)
    http://www.fitspacegyms.co.uk/

Not just in London btw ...
    Oh, I know Fitspace, the nearest one to me (Islington) is too far for me to travel

ReputationRep:
    yeah i was gonna say, the gym is fitspace which is ridiculously cheap, one of the cheapest in the country.

I have one in bournemouth, but its not very good :\

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.