Turn on thread page Beta

Is this cheap for a gym? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Sounds fairly cheap. Do they have barbells and a squat rack?

Hopelessly Hopeful: "I don't think so. What's a squat rack?"

£17 is too expensive and fitspace isn't a gym.
    It has a pretty good free weights area, two racks and a bench yes. It may look like a health club but the reason it's so cheap is that it doesn't have any of the bells and whistles on that regular health clubs do. There's nothing wrong with it.

£17 is dirt cheap, my proper gym costs me £20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    It has a pretty good free weights area, two racks and a bench yes. It may look like a health club but the reason it's so cheap is that it doesn't have any of the bells and whistles on that regular health clubs do. There's nothing wrong with it.

£17 is dirt cheap, my proper gym costs me £20.
    I want a fitspace.

Sounds like a good enough no-frills gym. It's cheaper than the ******* hole-in-the-wall basement gym FFS.

ReputationRep:
    My gym is cool

coliseum gym [birmingham]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

took a ride down to this gym yesterday,one of the most hardcore gyms i have ever seen ,the equipment is unreal, some i have never seen in any other gym and the guys there were sound.

Originally Posted by lee marshall
    coliseum gym
    unit 5 ,telson centre,55 thomas street , aston, birmingham b64tn
    tel..0121 359 6363

competition powerlifting bars , monolift, bands ,chains ect everything for the powerlifter

^^ this is probably the best equipped PL gym ive ever been in. Close call between here and Genesis. Theres also Tyseley and Power Press in Dudley if your more IPF.

ReputationRep:
    yes its cheap
    i have to fork out £42 every month for bannatynes and its still only off-peak.

ReputationRep:
    Not bad but I don't like the intial fee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    My gym is cool
    Mine's better.

http://www.wfac-gym.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Rippetoe)
    Mine's better.

http://www.wfac-gym.com/
    Do you get to use it much if you up at 04:30ish in the morning on a student forum?

ReputationRep:
    Do you get to use it much if you up at 04:30ish in the morning on a student forum?
    Sleep is for the weak.

ReputationRep:
    Sleep is for the weak.
    I'll let Andy know, he likes his naps prehaps he could pull more if he didn't sleep

ReputationRep:
    The reason most gyms are so expencive is because their just healthclubs with **** loads of useless extras to try wow people into thinking its a good deal! My council gym is 21.50/month, 2 racks and a well stocked out free weight area. Whats better is 'cause its council theres never anyone using the free weights so I always have it to myself.

ReputationRep:
    I'll let Andy know, he likes his naps prehaps he could pull more if he didn't sleep
    I would never disrespect Andy. But you? I'm gonna kick yer ass so hard you can whistle through yer hemorrhoids. How bigaboy are ya?

ReputationRep:
    I would never disrespect Andy. But you? I'm gonna kick yer ass so hard you can whistle through yer hemorrhoids. How bigaboy are ya?
    8.5 inches when errect.........in my dreams.

I'm in my profile if you must look, I was 110 then (or thereabouts)

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my profile if you must look, I was 110 then (or thereabouts)
    Well I'd better pack a lunch.

How do I get down to where yer at? Y'all got a squarin' off place down 'ere?

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd better pack a lunch.

How do I get down to where yer at? Y'all got a squarin' off place down 'ere?
    Get on plane - fly to Birmingham International Airport - get in taxi - ask him to take you to "The Coliseum in Aston" - enter gym - find me in squat racks, deadlifting or ******* around with strongman stuff with the troops.
    Not got a 'sqaring off place' as such, I find such things to full of American macho hero internet ******** as and where is fine.

ReputationRep:
    Get on plane - fly to Birmingham International Airport - get in taxi - ask him to take you to "The Coliseum in Aston" - enter gym - find me in squat racks, deadlifting or ******* around with strongman stuff with the troops.
    Not got a 'sqaring off place' as such, I find such things to full of American macho hero internet ******** as and where is fine.
    Well, there ain't no use to get all mad about it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, there ain't no use to get all mad about it.
    Indeed, but I am curious as to why you have said this after apparently coming to 'kick my ass' and me advising that the American BS smack talk is not impressive.

You gonna do it or not bub? as I mentioned as and where is good enough for me, or is this where you fall into the

Internet Gangsta-
    All threats made by Internet Gangstas should be chalked up to complete and total BS, seeing as the user :

A.) can't run his mouth in person, and,
    B.) Is a mid-upper class whiteboy with something to prove.
    Hmm I do wonder

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, but I am curious as to why you have said this after apparently coming to 'kick my ass' and me advising that the American BS smack talk is not impressive.

You gonna do it or not bub? as I mentioned as and where is good enough for me, or is this where you fall into the

Hmm I do wonder
    Bull Butter!

You goin' take care a'my travelin' bills? If not, you better get ready for a good ol' country ass-wuppin'. I'll knock a lung loose. I'm gonna be on you like ugly on a Baldwin brother.

ReputationRep:
    Bull Butter!

You goin' take care a'my travelin' bills? If not, you better get ready for a good ol' country ass-wuppin'. I'll knock a lung loose. I'm gonna be on you like ugly on a Baldwin brother.
    I saw your definition of someone who was apparently tough and how he punched so you must forgive me for not exaclty trembling in fear at the thought of a middle age pot bellied weak arse coming to whup my donkey.

ReputationRep:
    I saw your definition of someone who was apparently tough and how he punched so you must forgive me for not exaclty trembling in fear at the thought of a middle age pot bellied weak arse coming to whup my donkey.
    You remind me of another big feller I know, Goldberg?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BjkPwN_...le&gl=GB&hl=en

ReputationRep:
    You remind me of another big feller I know, Goldberg?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BjkPwN_...le&gl=GB&hl=en
    lol not quite, sniffing completed early on

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.