Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete.

I've got an embarressing problem,I REALLY dont want to go to the doctors about. I really dont think that I could face it. I'm not going into details about it- it's too gory.

Is there such a thing as an online doctor?

ReputationRep:
    NHS Direct.

ReputationRep:
    You could try looking up the symptoms on google, but seriously, you need to go to your GP. They've probably seen it before and it seems like it's bothering you a lot. In hindsight, a few minutes of embarrassment is nothing.

There is, but I'd be concerned about the advice / prescription given without the doctor being able to examine the patient. Do yourself a favour and get up the courage to go and see a doctor face to face. If you don't want to see your own GP then just go to a walk-in centre.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of treatment you are going to have to go to a doctor at some point anyway, if it is as bad as what you are suggesting.

You may aswell go to the GP now, get it sorted asap. The doctor is likely to have seen it before or a variant so will not be worried about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete.

I've got an embarressing problem,I REALLY dont want to go to the doctors about. I really dont think that I could face it. I'm not going into details about it- it's too gory.

You need to ring NHS direct to check if it's serious 08454647.

If they say you need to see a doctor then you really, really should. Good health is well worth a small amount of embarrassment. Are you sure you can't share some details on here - you're are completely anon after all and we might be able to direct you to a better way of getting professional help.

I dont think I can go to the doctors :

(Original post by kexy)
    You need to ring NHS direct to check if it's serious 08454647.

If they say you need to see a doctor then you really, really should. Good health is well worth a small amount of embarrassment. Are you sure you can't share some details on here - you're are completely anon after all and we might be able to direct you to a better way of getting professional help.
    I think It's a bit too gross to say on here.

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.

I'm so intrigued now. You can tell us on here, it's anonymous!

ReputationRep:
    I think It's a bit too gross to say on here.
    As long as it's a serious thread then it's fine to discuss it.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, Doctors will have seen it all before, or at least talked to other doctors who have seen the same thing/a similar thing before!

And we won't judge you on here

(Original post by kexy)
    As long as it's a serious thread then it's fine to discuss it.

It is serious, but it's female problems, quite gross.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite sure that whatever it is it's been discussed on here before at some point or something worse has. If you give us some details then we might be able to direct you to somewhere other than your doctors, somewhere you might feel more comfortable.

I've searched and its hasnt, or I can find that it has. I'd say the problem if it means someone might be able to give advice Although it is graphic and quite gory, just warning.

ReputationRep:
    You're anonymous on here OP, so no need to worry. Just remember any advice on here is solely that; advice.

You really should go see your GP, they'll have seen it before and won't judge (for a start what is there to judge?).

(Original post by Degausser)
    You're anonymous on here OP, so no need to worry. Just remember any advice on here is solely that; advice.

(for a start what is there to judge?).
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I've searched and its hasnt, or I can find that it has. I'd say the problem if it means someone might be able to give advice Although it is graphic and quite gory, just warning.
    Go for it, it's fine. Spoiler it and put a warning if you're that worried.

ReputationRep:
    :confused:
    ie, not a medical diagnosis. No one is going to magically give you the solution to your problem.

ReputationRep:
    It's okay, plenty of us own a vagina/boobs/female parts Just post it and we'll be able to help you whatever way we can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    It's okay, plenty of us own a vagina/boobs/female parts Just post it and we'll be able to help you whatever way we can.
    This.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.