Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So is there no where to get advice/go other than the doctors or walk in centre?
    If this is genuine then you NEED to go to a doctor of some kind. It's unlikely that it's life threatening, but there is still a very real possibility it could be.

Ring NHS direct first and talk to them about it. They may be able to tell you more and will also know some way for you to see a doctor confidentially (i'm pretty sure that at 17 parents don't have to be notified if you don't want them to be).

I know showing your junk to a doctor is embarrassing but it's part of life, everyone does it at some point and trust me when i say they've seen far worse. Millions of women every year go for smear tests so there's really nothing to be embarrassed about.

I wouldnt mind so much if I wasnt going to be recoginsed by them.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt mind so much if I wasnt going to be recoginsed by them.
    Then don't go to a local doctor. I'm sure you can go to a non-local hospital or surgery if you really need to. You can certainly go to a non-local walk in centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Ring NHS direct first and talk to them about it. They may be able to tell you more and will also know some way for you to see a doctor confidentially (i'm pretty sure that at 17 parents don't have to be notified if you don't want them to be).
    Of course 17 year-olds parents don't get notiofied, of course it's confidential.

And NHS ReDirect will tell you to see your GP. Going to see another GP will only really complicate things.

(Original post by Renal)
    Of course 17 year-olds parents don't get notiofied, of course it's confidential.

And NHS ReDirect will tell you to see your GP. Going to see another GP will only really complicate things.
    THeres is no chance of me ever seeing my GP seen as she is very good friends with my father. Noooo chance.

ReputationRep:
    THeres is no chance of me ever seeing my GP seen as she is very good friends with my father. Noooo chance.
    Just grow up and do it. If you won't put in the effort to take a simple visit to a GP, or take any of the other advice given, why on earth should we feel inclined to help you further, or indeed to care if your own stupidity does you serious harm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    NHS Direct.
    Lol that thing is AWFUL. Every time I answered their questions, it kept telling me to call an ambulance immediately

(Original post by L i b)
    Just grow up and do it. If you won't put in the effort to take a simple visit to a GP, or take any of the other advice given, why on earth should we feel inclined to help you further, or indeed to care if your own stupidity does you serious harm?
    Any need to be rude? The last thing I want is my dad finding out.
    And It's not like immediate danger.

ReputationRep:
    Any need to be rude? The last thing I want is my dad finding out.
    And It's not like immediate danger.
    You don't know that! There's a real possibility it could be.

You need to get over yourself and go see a doctor. It doesn't have to be one your dad knows and even if it was they are bound by law to be confidential about it. You have been given multiple options on here that would enable you to get around your father or his friends knowing.

I'm sorry but you really have no excuses, particularly as it has been something you noticed 2 years ago!
    If you refuse to see a doctor through petty embarassment then you are a fool in my opinion.

(or this whole thing is a bad troll thread)

This really is not a troll thread. I wasnt sure 2 years ago if it was normal, but now I'm pretty sure it's not.

ReputationRep:
    Surely there must be other doctors sugeries in town?

My town is only around 60k and it has at least 5 surgeries, and 2 sexual health clinics.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Go see the GP - even if he is friends with your father there is something called patient-doctor confidentiality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Lol that thing is AWFUL. Every time I answered their questions, it kept telling me to call an ambulance immediately
    Maybe you should be concerned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    Maybe you should be concerned!
    Lol nah, I am fine. I think it was trying to tell me I had meningitis.

ReputationRep:
    It is against patient confidentiality to tell you dad, whether he is a doctor or not. She could lose her job if she tells him without a good reason. I think you should see her and just as you are leaving ask her not to mention it to any other doctors, including your dad.

ReputationRep:
    Listen to the people with 'medics' in there signature.

Aka go to your ******* doctor you nut.

ReputationRep:
    Simple and easy solution is go and see your GP.
    Other solution, but in a round about way is go to A&E where you will wait ages and annoy the doctors as its not an emergency.

You could to to the local NHS Walk In Centre, but they will probably send you to your GP.

If you have worries about your GP, then don't they have seen it all before and they shouldn't tell your Father, they could lose their job if they did.

I know I should go, but I dont think I can face it, even the receptionst's knows who I am. And they do this thing where you ring, then a doctor rings you back to give advice/say if you need to come in, and it could be one I know.
    So I CANT!

ReputationRep:
    I know I should go, but I dont think I can face it, even the receptionst's knows who I am. And they do this thing where you ring, then a doctor rings you back to give advice/say if you need to come in, and it could be one I know.
    So I CANT!
    change doctors?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    OP NHS Direct or Channel Four Embarrassing bodies

http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.