Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This is not embarrassing; this is serious.

Please, I beg you, go and see your doctor.

I really do not mean to be rude, but OP for the love of god just go to your bloomin GP! My mum is a midwife, knows a lot of the GP's, receptionists at the surgery, but does that bother me? no!! If I have an issue, I am going to go to be seen - im not going to sit around for 2 yrs in pain just for the sheer sake ''Ooo the receptionist/GP might know who I am'' - :rolleyes:

If you are happy to sit for the rest of your life with a lump in your vagina, then carry on - but for once in your life, just put the ''They know me thingy'' aside and go and sort your problem out.

EDIT: The GPs/receptionists can NOT release any information about you to any family member who is in the profession - that would be breaking confidentiality!!! . . .

(Original post by DancinBallerina)
    I really do not mean to be rude, but OP for the love of god just go to your bloomin GP! My mum is a midwife, knows a lot of the GP's, receptionists at the surgery, but does that bother me? no!! If I have an issue, I am going to go to be seen - im not going to sit around for 2 yrs in pain just for the sheer sake ''Ooo the receptionist/GP might know who I am'' - :rolleyes:

If you are happy to sit for the rest of your life with a lump in your vagina, then carry on - but for once in your life, just put the ''They know me thingy'' aside and go and sort your problem out.

EDIT: The GPs/receptionists can NOT release any information about you to any family member who is in the profession - that would be breaking confidentiality!!! . . .
    It's not painful, thats why I havent been.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    It's not painful, thats why I havent been.
    So because its not painful you are in no hurry to get the problem sorted? . .

What about when you become sexually active? . . .As an example if I was a bloke and was getting ''freaky'' with you and I saw the lumps, I wouldn't touch you with a barge pole - why? because I have no idea what it is you have. It could be catching . . you have no idea.

Sorry if that sounds rude, but just go and get it sorted. GPs won't laugh at you or anything like that - they are there for a reason.

(Original post by DancinBallerina)
    So because its not painful you are in no hurry to get the problem sorted? . .

What about when you become sexually active? . . .As an example if I was a bloke and was getting ''freaky'' with you and I saw the lumps, I wouldn't touch you with a barge pole - why? because I have no idea what it is you have. It could be catching . . you have no idea.

Sorry if that sounds rude, but just go and get it sorted. GPs won't laugh at you or anything like that - they are there for a reason.
    I know, they arent exacly lumps. I'm not going to examplain it, it's too gross.

I know, they arent exacly lumps. I'm not going to examplain it, it's too gross.
    You don't have to sit there and explain in gory detail to the GP - just give them a sort of inkling of what you have and then the GP will examine you (you can request a female GP instead of a male).

But ah well . . not my lady garden - can't be bothered to sit here and convince someone to visit their GP when their pride is too high!!

Tbh you are NOT going to get an online diagnosis of what you have - a GP will HAVE to see you! NHS direct might be a good place to start, but GP or GUM is your only choice!

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    you are actually ridiculous.
    if it turns out to be something serious im fairly sure you'll be telling your parents anyway, so grow up and go to see your GP.

I doubt its serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    Maybe you should be concerned!
    Nah, NHS ReDirect is based on a system developed by health insurance companies in the US - it's extremely risk adverse, it's job is to stop the company being sued not to provide the most accurate triage service.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt its serious
    It's been bothering you for two years, you're obviously worked up about it and you don't know what it is. How much are you willing to bet its not serious?

Also, why can't your dad find out? If he's a doctor, he's not exactly going to be surprised to discover that his daughter has a vagina, is he?

(Original post by wrennatsworthy)
    It's been bothering you for two years, you're obviously worked up about it and you don't know what it is. How much are you willing to bet its not serious?

Also, why can't your dad find out? If he's a doctor, he's not exactly going to be surprised to discover that his daughter has a vagina, is he?

Thats the last thing I want to talk to him about.

And I'm not sure theres even anything serious or anything at all wrong, it only looks a bit weird.

ReputationRep:
    Thats the last thing I want to talk to him about.

And I'm not sure theres even anything serious or anything at all wrong, it only looks a bit weird.
    Is there any particular reason you don't want to talk to him about it? Have you got any female relatives you can confide in?

Its always a good idea to get things checked out. Doctors aren't just there for when you think its serious. Perhaps a GUM clinic, they'll be pretty well versed in things down there and you could make an appointment for when you're in town anyway and no one will find out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.