Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Ok so we are having an introductory week at college, and we were in groups we were told that we were to make presentations about a certain topic which we would be given to show the class about the topic. We were given "Enzyme Action" and I wasn't sure how to go about this..

We have just finished GCSE's so nothing too complicated its for AS Biology (duh..). What should I talk about and is there any particularly useful diagrams to include??

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Lock and key theory, induced fit theory, ESCs, active sites, the mechanism, inhibitors etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Lock and key theory, induced fit theory, ESCs, active sites, the mechanism, inhibitors etc.
    What if you lost your key? Can you get another cut?

ReputationRep:
    What degausser said, try the internet for a few useful sites.

http://www.biologymad.com/

http://www.s-cool.co.uk/alevel/biolo...s/enzymes.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    What if you lost your key? Can you get another cut?
    If you lose the key, then it's game over I'm afraid. Locksmiths have never been up for the job..

ReputationRep:
    If you lose the key, then it's game over I'm afraid. Locksmiths have never been up for the job..
    I once popped a stick into the allosteric box and buggered up the whole door good and proper :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest you go on a website which is for AS level bio and take note of the key topics on enzymes and plan your presentation around that

ReputationRep:
    I once popped a stick into the allosteric box and buggered up the whole door good and proper :sadnod:
    I know the feeling. If only the stick was jammed in the keyhole, you could have fixed the problem by throwing hundreds of keys at the thing.

Sad times.

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling. If only the stick was jammed in the keyhole, you could have fixed the problem by throwing hundreds of keys at the thing.

Sad times.
    This thread is a testament to just what sad biologists we are :sad:

I fear though we may be just be the prokaryotae....wait till next year when the catalytic endosymbiosis changes us into real geeklets :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    This thread is a testament to just what sad biologists we are :sad:

I fear though we may be just be the prokaryotae....wait till next year when the catalytic endosymbiosis changes us into real geeklets :sadnod:
    That was a whole new epic level you just took this to. :awesome:

Next year the metamorphosis will begin, changing what we take in from anything and everything to just what's immediately need :yep:

:erm: yeah that was rubbish

ReputationRep:
    That was a whole new epic level you just took this to. :awesome:
    I'm afraid we, as the now together TSR medics, will evolve down different evolutionary paths under the influence of allopatric speciation as we diverge geographically to our respective dumping grounds.

Even after we finish the degree there's no guaruntee we'll be compatible again. Even if we are still the same species of academic what's to say we'll ever be one again? Sympatric speciation may well be the killing blow :sad:

I really need to stop :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid we, as the now together TSR medics, will evolve down different evolutionary paths under the influence of allopatric speciation as we diverge geographically to our respective dumping grounds.

Even after we finish the degree there's no guaruntee we'll be compatible again. Even if we are still the same species of academic what's to say we'll ever be one again? Sympatric speciation may well be the killing blow :sad:

I really need to stop :yeah:
    :emo: That was painful to hear.. :sad:

And yeah, lets stop embarassing ourselves :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.