Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    you need to move out and experience what it like before you have to do it for real. lets b honest you are onli at uni 6months max in a year, and for you ure lucky as you can still go up i.e. if u cnt b arsed makin dinner where as im a plane flight away.
    estate agents are startin to do house shares a gd bit now have a look at that. however when i did that this year (didnt like the halls i was given)i ended up wit a couple a *****.
    however am sure you could find a house of medical students as in most cases the trainin hospital is surrounded by student housing and thus may share the same interests. also check your unis website ours has a section for students selling stuf and advertising houses etc.
    also when it comes to the cost issue since your parents still live nearby you can easily manipulate them to do some shopping for you etc. i envy your situation as if i still lived in my home city bt was in student housing id well be taking advantage and popping home for some good food.
    gd luck and happy hunting!

ReputationRep:
    Im in a small city so the hospital is actually quite close to the uni meaning that its very mixed - finding more med students would be extremely difficult. Ive also checked the website and theres nothing for advertising. thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Before I read this thread I was going to bring up all the financial issues with moving out, but seen as you said that won't be a problem (plus I assume you have a student loan?) then go for it. You only go to uni once- usually- so you might end up regretting it if you stay at home and don't make friends in your final year but if you absolutely hate living on your own then just move back in with your parents after uni. As long as you have the option of going back go for it.

ReputationRep:
    5 year course mate, although I reckon this is my last year during which such a move would be worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I just assumed 3 years, my advice still applies though!

ReputationRep:
    hey wibblewooble

i feel exactly the same. I chose to live out this year but hated it and ended up moving home and am planning to live at home for my second year. I too only see the 300+ people in my year at lectures and feel I have no friends its not quite what I expected uni to be.

Dont know what to suggest, you could try moving out and see if this makes a difference?

minnie
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Nice bumpage

It could make a difference, but im not sure. Im trying to bear in mind that moving out isnt going to win me friends - even the people i move in with are going to already have their own social circles and its highly unlikely ill be able to break into them.

As an update, ive contaced a few people with rooms available, just to see more about them. One thing im struggling to decide is what sort of gender house would be best. Ive found one with all guys and one with two girls so far. :/

ReputationRep:
    Backed out of it all, decided to stay at home.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.