Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    info please. The uni opens on the 21st... i think, so when can someone move in and when is the best time to move in??

ReputationRep:
    it should say on the accommodation section of the site

ReputationRep:
    Most accommodation contracts start from approximately mid-September. We always make sure that it is before Fresher's week starts, so you will be here for all the fun - and information - available then.

You can move in any day after the start of your contract. Occasionally halls allow students to move in earlier than this, although this is not encouraged and all extra nights will have to be paid for.

Your hall administration office will contact you as move in day approaches to provide you with information on where you need to collect your keys from. Short term parking is usually available on or near site, though this will vary across locations. Further details will be available from your hall.

ReputationRep:
    yup i got it, its from 18th to 20th september

ReputationRep:
    But orientation starts from 17th....where do you stay then ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punk4real)
    But orientation starts from 17th....where do you stay then ?
    Exactly. Plus, there's airport collection service on the 15th and 16th. I don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    Internationals go the week before. At least i think so.

I on the other hand, live 65 miles away, so ill probs just roll on up Saturday Morning!

ReputationRep:
    Alright....i got my accommodation offer....ensuite at dalton.....it says you can move in after 10.00am on the 17th

ReputationRep:
    The official "word" from the accommodation office is that almost all accomms open on the 17 th , i've bought my airplane ticket already so i can't really change the date :d

ReputationRep:
    iv got the 17th also so you can only start moving in five days before we start... i recon ill just go saturday morning or summat maybe sunday

ReputationRep:
    yeah i thought it was the 17th as well, though judging by some of the posts here, i think i better ring up the accommodation office to confirm that!

ReputationRep:
    It should say on their email, for my first year i had this:

Notice the section "period of residence":

Obviously this was for 08/09, so make sure you read you're emails properly, it will say it there.

ReputationRep:
    The accommodation office couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery. You'll find this out soon enough :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatexW)
    The accommodation office couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery. You'll find this out soon enough :p:

i gathered this from when i was getting my accommodation, i phoned up and they said id know in about 3 days as i was due to be allocated 3 weeks later i gt my offer...

and its definatly the 17th of sept for all who wish to know

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 27, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Manchester
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.