Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls...How do I Play it? Watch

Today, I was half lost so I asked a girl who was quite good looking for directions somewhere. Funnily enough she was going to work right near where I was going, so we walked there together and had a good little chat. She was 24 and im 20, so at the end I decided to take her number and she gave it to me and I said id text her sometime and she was like 'yeah yeah do do'

My issues are ; girls would you give your number out to a stranger just to be friends? And also what do most girls think of the age gap? Our girls at 24 often put of by someone a few years younger? Finally, I dont know when to text her or what to Say?

ReputationRep:
    wanna meet up for drinks would be a normal one. to be honest mate don't think too far into things like this. jus take a leap, she was nice then she'd probz be nice next time you meet her. too many people over complicate things like this nowadays, jus suck it up and meet her for a drink

ReputationRep:
    I would if he was hot, interesting or worth keeping in contact with

Otherwise just a disposable friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Today, I was half lost so I asked a girl who was quite good looking for directions somewhere. Funnily enough she was going to work right near where I was going, so we walked there together and had a good little chat. She was 24 and im 20, so at the end I decided to take her number and she gave it to me and I said id text her sometime and she was like 'yeah yeah do do'

My issues are ; girls would you give your number out to a stranger just to be friends? And also what do most girls think of the age gap? Our girls at 24 often put of by someone a few years younger? Finally, I dont know when to text her or what to Say?
    She might have:

a) taken your number to be friendly and thought you were a nice person
    b) Thought you were fit.

See how it goes. As for the age thing, I'd go for someone who is a few years older than me, because younger guys can generally be a lot more immature than me- I don't mean that in a mean way! However there are exceptions. There are a lot of women who are with men who are younger than them and it works out completely fine.

I know I'm contradicting myself here, but my point is, I'd generally go for older, but then there may be younger guys who are exceptions to the rule - however I very much doubt there are many out there. Ahh I make no sense haha.

ReputationRep:

Haha nicely done mate. Ask the standard - "wanna meet up for a drink?"

She says no sorry, or makes excuses, or has a bf - who cares? What have you lost.

She says yes may lead to something cool!

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her out for a drink, if she gave you her number out of kindness then she can make her excuses via text

Ahhh ok, so should I just text her tomoro or something saying do you want to go for a drink? Surely I should make small talk first lol

ReputationRep:
    K.I.S.S , keep it simple stupid. jus text her summin like hi remember me wanna meet for a drink , simple... tbh theres no worse case scenario on this one , you got nout to lose jus go for it

ReputationRep:
    'Hiya its me from yesterday, thanks for helping me out, do you fancy going for a drink this weekend? I reckon I owe you x'

If she doesn't want to go she'll make a nice excuse and if she does you've got a date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    'Hiya its me from yesterday, thanks for helping me out, do you fancy going for a drink this weekend? I reckon I owe you x'

If she doesn't want to go she'll make a nice excuse and if she does you've got a date.
    ^^ exactly this

Well I text her, and she told me she was busy at the moment and gave a valid reason which I actully believe having spoken to her before but then told me to add her on facebook. Dont know how I should play it from here...any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Well I text her, and she told me she was busy at the moment and gave a valid reason which I actully believe having spoken to her before but then told me to add her on facebook. Dont know how I should play it from here...any advice?
    do you work in separate areas of the workplace; did you take her number just before you got to the building?

Nah, I was going somewhere very here she works, and she literally took me outside the place I wanted to go. We walked like 20 minutes together lol. I know that she works 9-5 one job then another job from 6-10 (met her on the way to her second job). So yeah I pretty much took her number when she was going to work and her second job.

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Add her on facebook and wait for her make contact with you. If her excuse was genuine and she wants to see you again she will.

ReputationRep:
    pic or it didn't happen mate? I'm sure the girls on here would tell you what possibly her mindset was if you post a pic.

(Original post by Gibb~)
    pic or it didn't happen mate? I'm sure the girls on here would tell you what possibly her mindset was if you post a pic.

looool you wish. It happened, I dont have the time to lie about such things...time = money, and in a recession gotta keep these stories short and pics hidden.

ReputationRep:
    looool you wish. It happened, I dont have the time to lie about such things...time = money, and in a recession gotta keep these stories short and pics hidden.
    No i'm not gay, it's just that you may get a honest and stronger feedback at answer your question.

(Original post by Gibb~)
    No i'm not gay, it's just that you may get a honest and stronger feedback at answer your question.
    What/How by posting a picture?

ReputationRep:
    ask to go out for drinks..nice and informal...what have you got to lose...?!?!make it sound casual...i wouldn't be too sure on the age gap myself but then again i've never been in that situation...there's only one way to find out if it'l work...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.