Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls...How do I Play it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What/How by posting a picture?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Today, I was half lost so I asked a girl who was quite good looking for directions somewhere. Funnily enough she was going to work right near where I was going, so we walked there together and had a good little chat. She was 24 and im 20, so at the end I decided to take her number and she gave it to me and I said id text her sometime and she was like 'yeah yeah do do'

My issues are ; girls would you give your number out to a stranger just to be friends? And also what do most girls think of the age gap? Our girls at 24 often put of by someone a few years younger? Finally, I dont know when to text her or what to Say?
    Either a) She liked you
    b) she thought you were cool and wants to be friends

c) she gave you a fake number

either way dude, you have nothing to lose by asking if she wants to meet up for a coffee/drink/whatever. Just don't read too far into it.

ReputationRep:
    i am the only girl who likes younger boys?
    i think they are cuter and sometimes the younger can be more mature than the older..
    i used to like a guy who was 3 years younger thay me hah
    it has been said tha guys tend to like older girls because they are bored of hte stupid little girls and they prefer those who have some brain so there is nothing weird about you.

(Original post by Gibb~)
    Yes.
    Explain to me exactly how by posting a picture I would get better opinions....

(Original post by seagram__)
    i am the only girl who likes younger boys?
    i think they are cuter and sometimes the younger can be more mature than the older..
    i used to like a guy who was 3 years younger thay me hah
    it has been said tha guys tend to like older girls because they are bored of hte stupid little girls and they prefer those who have some brain so there is nothing weird about you.

So very true, my last relationships have been with girls just a year younger than me and I vowed to myself never again, never again lol

ReputationRep:
    Explain to me exactly how by posting a picture I would get better opinions....
    (Original post by She_said)
    She might have:

a) taken your number to be friendly and thought you were a nice person
    b) Thought you were fit.

So you pose for the camera the women of TSR can tell which option to choose.
    Simples. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    So very true, my last relationships have been with girls just a year younger than me and I vowed to myself never again, never again lol
    heh
    if she have showed you that she likes you then u'd better forget the age gap(though there is a limit but still maximum 4 years is perfect)

heh
    if she have showed you that she likes you then u'd better forget the age gap(though there is a limit but still maximum 4 years is perfect)
    How would she have shown me she likes me? She said she was really busy atm to meet up for drink, but I should add her on facebook lol. So would you say the maximum for girls is 4 years?

(Original post by Gibb~)

So you pose for the camera the women of TSR can tell which option to choose.
    Simples. :yep:
    Hmmm now I get it, but nah lol I cant be baiting my face out to all these TSR girls plus im too shy for camera time

ReputationRep:
    How would she have shown me she likes me? She said she was really busy atm to meet up for drink, but I should add her on facebook lol. So would you say the maximum for girls is 4 years?
    i didnt say she likes you,i wasnt there,I said if u realised that by the way she looked at u or anything else..add her on facebook then and you will see or date her just try something.
    there is no exact limit haha but 4 years are fine dont worry.if u compare a couple like 20 yrs old guy/30 years old woman with another one 20 years old guy with a 25 girl then u realise there is the one which is something normal and that one that could not work out that good..

ReputationRep:
    Just add her on fb and wait for her to make contact, you have made the first move now leave it to her. tbh i think she may like you as she gave you her number and then told you to add her on fb, if she didnt she probably would have just made an excuse and not said add her. Thats what i would have done anyway.

(Original post by woopwoop:))
    Just add her on fb and wait for her to make contact, you have made the first move now leave it to her. tbh i think she may like you as she gave you her number and then told you to add her on fb, if she didnt she probably would have just made an excuse and not said add her. Thats what i would have done anyway.

Thats what one of my female friends said to me, but I can never be sure with girls lol. If had some really messed out, impossible, unlucky things happen to me in the past. Hmmm do older women, tend to play the same games as the younger ones do?

i didnt say she likes you,i wasnt there,I said if u realised that by the way she looked at u or anything else..add her on facebook then and you will see or date her just try something.
    there is no exact limit haha but 4 years are fine dont worry.if u compare a couple like 20 yrs old guy/30 years old woman with another one 20 years old guy with a 25 girl then u realise there is the one which is something normal and that one that could not work out that good..

Ohhh yeah I knew what u meant lol, I meant to write what are the signs she would show if she did? Ahh yeah yeah I know what you mean, guess its just unknown territory for my Casanova self *cough coygh*

ReputationRep:
    you would know if you attracted enough interest in her to have her real number, which from the sounds of it, you do
    to be honest, i say she's at least interested for her to give her number to someone who she met 20 minutes before
    give it a go, and don't dive in at the deep end, just see where things go

ReputationRep:
    Well leave it a day and then add on facebook?

Leave it another day and if she doesn't message you, maybe ask when she's next free.

ReputationRep:
    what kind of a girl gives her number to a complete stranger if shes not interested......add her on fb..give it a few days...speak on chat or start some flirty texts..she barely knows u..she wont wanna meet up already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Boombastic)
    K.I.S.S , keep it simple stupid. jus text her summin like hi remember me wanna meet for a drink , simple... tbh theres no worse case scenario on this one , you got nout to lose jus go for it
    My maths teacher had a Mnemonic like that for algebra. None of us understood math, so through exasperation it became KISC - keep it simple *****. naturally it has stayed with!

But anywho, OP - just a casual text will do. If she interested you could ask her anywhere in anyway, within reason.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh yeah I knew what u meant lol, I meant to write what are the signs she would show if she did? Ahh yeah yeah I know what you mean, guess its just unknown territory for my Casanova self *cough coygh*
    oh right...she did gave u her number,that's a sign.not many girls give their number to total strangers unless they liked them..if she was smiling in that exact way when girls look at a cute boy then she likes you hah. and if she was looking at you *****y/shy way not like loooking away beeing busy...

Funnily enough, her facebook profile is private so I cant add her lol. She has too add me, so I gave her my name and told her to add me. So now gotta play the waiting game again! I always find it hard to tell when a girl likes me so no matter what I always miss the signs haha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.