Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you are really set on this PUA route then google is your friend.

The question is, have you ever even just walked up to a girl you are attracted to and start a conversation? For many guys that is the first hurdle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyler Statham)

The question is, have you ever even just walked up to a girl you are attracted to and start a conversation? For many guys that is the first hurdle.
    common misconception is that PU is purely for bedding hot women.
    its not , its life building, just read the other guys post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyler Statham)

il agree there, once i get going im confident chatty and funny - its that first hurdle thats a real problem, i always feel im gonna get to "hi im simon" and then its going to be "urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    il agree there, once i get going im confident chatty and funny - its that first hurdle thats a real problem, i always feel im gonna get to "hi im simon" and then its going to be "urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm"
    the conversation could go to anything?
    Opinion opener?
    Interesting fact or constructive question?
    Don't be too engaged in her, she'll feel awkward and uncomfortable like you're taking her space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She_said)
    And if you need a quick lay, your best bet is to pay because then at least no one gets hurt.
    Probably the stupidest thing I've read on this forum. Thought it deserved a quote.

ReputationRep:
    However, if a guy uses a self-help book that helps increase his confidence on how to talk to women...fair enough.
    This is the point.

Those of you who are defending 'game' would do well to consider it. I get it, the community provides a sense of belonging and you're in a secret society which gives you the impression of having one up on others. It's cool!
    But this is not about learning tricks and tactics to get a woman into bed. Women dont need to be coerced. Women want sex, yeh! Become the best person you can be and you will naturally attract the type of woman you want. Any marketing spiel which tells you that YOU CAN GET ANY WOMAN YOU WANT is ********. Some people just dont like others. You expect to be loved by everyone? The price for success is dividing people. You need to get real to this.

Confidence is there for everyone to obtain. You get it through meeting your own standards though, not through a trick, a line or one success.

Good luck anyway. I hope you all become the best people you can be. :suith:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    This is the point.

Those of you who are defending 'game' would do well to consider it. I get it, the community provides a sense of belonging and you're in a secret society which gives you the impression of having one up on others. It's cool!
    But this is not about learning tricks and tactics to get a woman into bed. Women dont need to be coerced. Women want sex, yeh! Become the best person you can be and you will naturally attract the type of woman you want. Any marketing spiel which tells you that YOU CAN GET ANY WOMAN YOU WANT is ********. Some people just dont like others. You expect to be loved by everyone? The price for success is dividing people. You need to get real to this.

Confidence is there for everyone to obtain. You get it through meeting your own standards though, not through a trick, a line or one success.

Good luck anyway. I hope you all become the best people you can be. :suith:
    She probably wont reply, I wrote exactly the same thing (or something along the same lines) going into the nuts and bolts of game. You're wasting your time by defending the community on here, for women its threatening because face it without any sort of game/ and if you are **** with women naturally they have ALL the power during the attraction stages.
    That is basically what they are scared off, guys learning how to play the game set by the women to begin with successfully!

ReputationRep:
    This is good brah, just an ordinary guy having ordinary interactions, with confidence:

All of Alex Coulson's videoes are good, and obviously genuine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOJO)
    She probably wont reply, I wrote exactly the same thing (or something along the same lines) going into the nuts and bolts of game. You're wasting your time by defending the community on here, for women its threatening because face it without any sort of game/ and if you are **** with women naturally they have ALL the power during the attraction stages.
    That is basically what they are scared off, guys learning how to play the game set by the women to begin with successfully!
    I havent read the whole thread but I think she talks a lot of sense. You don't use game, you are game.

Edit: To clarify, what I object to is the mechanical nature. If it works for some people, cool. I think people should be focusing on the spirit of what makes a bigger, better man. Things like having values, having intent, going for what you want and not seeking other people's approval. It's the stupid FIRST YOU GOTTA TEASE THEN AFTER 3.14 SECONDS (YES THAT PI SECONDS) YOU CAN TOUCH HER ON THE SHOULDER LOL that is totally weird. It actually ***** a lot of guys up. Most people in the community achieve very little success and very big egos because of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    I havent read the whole thread but I think she talks a lot of sense. You don't use game, you are game.
    Yes, but for those that don't have game, the game can point you into that direction by helping you become your best self or at least makes you more of aware of your positive traits. This is what she overlooks by making game sound like a matter of one line trick gambits.

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, precisely, thank you. ^ That's my POINT. A guy who is trying to learn pathetic 'tactics' to find 'targets' for the short term is just an ******* and a girl will see past it.

Krisss, taking into account the amount I know, the things I've seen, and the fact that I am naturally the kind of girl who can read people easily, do you honestly believe that some shmuck with a couple of books and acronyms he's memorized will work with me? Get real. I'm into men who are confident, will challenge me, are funny, are into banter - but most importantly are genuine. I'm into men who aren't juvenille kids just finishing puberty, sitting there memorizing tactics. Allow that. So no, it won't work, because people have already tried. And failed.

However, if a guy uses a self-help book that helps increase his confidence on how to talk to women...fair enough. Although I must admit, sometimes self-help books don't help some men. Not all men will turn into confident Adonises. Some are shy. Some girls like shy men. I like confident men, but not players - or MPUAS or PUAS or 'Mystery.' If no one gets my point now, just allow it. Argh.
    I don't advocate Mystery Method, or using women, or being manipulative or whatever....but a lot of guys who use it are in the mindset of 'fake it til you make it'. No offence, but as a girl, particularly as an attractive girl, you have -zero- idea of how difficult it is for a guy to get laid, particularly if he was a geek/beta male/loser/ugly etc etc throughout his childhood and adolescence.

For guys like that, the phrase, "just be confident and be youself" is pretty much meaningless, because they're not confident, and being themselves repulses women...so they need a crutch, that being theings like the Mystery Method. Once the man has gained real confidence and real experiences through his interactions with women (and don't play the 'oh he used me' card here....most women that **** guys straight out of nightclubs or bars are only looking for a one-nighter or something casual anyway) he will begin to drop the routines and gimmicks and "be himself" more, his new self being someone that is attractive to women.

If you look at the most famous website for pick up artists or seducers or whatever, you'll see that Mystery Method is pretty much obsolete, and all of the guys on there advocate being natural, open, treating the women well etc.

Yea that was a bit of a ramble....but the point is you can't really comprehend how difficult it is for a guy who's naturally not good with women or confident, especially uf he's the type of guy who desires multiple, attractive women....so before you chastise a guy that, although became depressed, crazy etc, actually brought hope to thousands of guys across the world, genetically un-gifted guys I might add, just think about all I have said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOJO)
    If that's your opinion of women, I genuinely feel sorry for you. I'm not threatened of confident men haha! - for the millionth time, I love confident men. However, I'm disgusted by the men who use 'the seduction community' to obsessively go out, use the same old lines and bed woman after woman. BECAUSE I have SEEN it. I had a grown ass male friend of mine weeping down the phone at me because he'd messed his life up - and he was part of a whole group of these stupid kids. You can't police what people do with these tactics, so I'm wary of what THE ORIGINAL PURPOSE OF THE PUA WAS. 'PUA' is associated with so many negative ideas because the original PUA would pick up women for a quick ****. Damn, I am absolutely amazed by how much insecurity and misconception is emerging from people in this thread.

Finally, for the 1,050th time, if a guy learns how to become more confident in order to better his life, that's fine. (Like Hitch style. You know becoming more confident to meet someone who he can be with) However a lot of men abuse The Game to **** women around, and THAT is what women like me - and others who've read the book, do not like. We like confident men, men who are gentlemen and men who don't want a quick lay. If we want a one night stand then we'll go to a PUA and they won't need to convince us of getting into bed. But if we're looking for something real, then PUAs (i.e. players) aren't exactly our top choice of guys to go for.

And most importantly, the 'seduction community' with their obsessive use of jargon and acronyms sickens me. And then you'll get a guy who will be perplexed with your weird scheming and they'll say, 'woah, how about you ditch the acronyms and just be yourself, gain some confidence, stop going to seminars.' and you'll hurl abuse at them because they're not wanting to be a part of your stupid little group with your pathetic little plans. It's so immature it makes me sick to my stomach. Good luck with finding girlfriends if you have such ridiculous ideas about what women think. You'll need it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    I don't advocate Mystery Method, or using women, or being manipulative or whatever....but a lot of guys who use it are in the mindset of 'fake it til you make it'. No offence, but as a girl, particularly as an attractive girl, you have -zero- idea of how difficult it is for a guy to get laid, particularly if he was a geek/beta male/loser/ugly etc etc throughout his childhood and adolescence.

For guys like that, the phrase, "just be confident and be youself" is pretty much meaningless, because they're not confident, and being themselves repulses women...so they need a crutch, that being theings like the Mystery Method. Once the man has gained real confidence and real experiences through his interactions with women (and don't play the 'oh he used me' card here....most women that **** guys straight out of nightclubs or bars are only looking for a one-nighter or something casual anyway) he will begin to drop the routines and gimmicks and "be himself" more, his new self being someone that is attractive to women.

If you look at the most famous website for pick up artists or seducers or whatever, you'll see that Mystery Method is pretty much obsolete, and all of the guys on there advocate being natural, open, treating the women well etc.

Yea that was a bit of a ramble....but the point is you can't really comprehend how difficult it is for a guy who's naturally not good with women or confident, especially uf he's the type of guy who desires multiple, attractive women....so before you chastise a guy that, although became depressed, crazy etc, actually brought hope to thousands of guys across the world, genetically un-gifted guys I might add, just think about all I have said.
    Okay yes, I do agree with what you're saying. Personally I go for confident men who are geeky and act like themselves. Like they've gained that confident exterior but are still themselves - as in haven't lost themselves - their real personality - whilst becoming part of an army of PUA clones.

I've never been taken for a ride by these guys - but I have seen it happen so many times that it's heartbreaking. Guys taking it all too seriously and losing their minds with it.

ReputationRep:
    If that's your opinion of women, I genuinely feel sorry for you. I'm not threatened of confident men haha! - for the millionth time, I love confident men. However, I'm disgusted by the men who use 'the seduction community' to obsessively go out, use the same old lines and bed woman after woman. BECAUSE I have SEEN it. I had a grown ass male friend of mine weeping down the phone at me because he'd messed his life up - and he was part of a whole group of these stupid kids. You can't police what people do with these tactics, so I'm wary of what THE ORIGINAL PURPOSE OF THE PUA WAS. 'PUA' is associated with so many negative ideas because the original PUA would pick up women for a quick ****. Damn, I am absolutely amazed by how much insecurity and misconception is emerging from people in this thread.

Finally, for the 1,050th time, if a guy learns how to become more confident in order to better his life, that's fine. (Like Hitch style. You know becoming more confident to meet someone who he can be with) However a lot of men abuse The Game to **** women around, and THAT is what women like me - and others who've read the book, do not like. We like confident men, men who are gentlemen and men who don't want a quick lay. If we want a one night stand then we'll go to a PUA and they won't need to convince us of getting into bed. But if we're looking for something real, then PUAs (i.e. players) aren't exactly our top choice of guys to go for.

And most importantly, the 'seduction community' with their obsessive use of jargon and acronyms sickens me. And then you'll get a guy who will be perplexed with your weird scheming and they'll say, 'woah, how about you ditch the acronyms and just be yourself, gain some confidence, stop going to seminars.' and you'll hurl abuse at them because they're not wanting to be a part of your stupid little group with your pathetic little plans. It's so immature it makes me sick to my stomach. Good luck with finding girlfriends if you have such ridiculous ideas about what women think. You'll need it.
    :rolleyes:

Out of all of the threads you've quoted me on, you've eloquently quoted me on this thread because you took what I said as a personal attack first. Talk about thinking through emotions first.

For your informaton the "hitch" style if of course you read my previous threads within this thread, is based on PUA material anyway. Hitch is a PUA!!
    And for the last time without beating a dead horse, not everyone learns game because they want harlem of women at their disposal, as a matter of fact if you were so well informed of the community as you seem to think you are, you will find that the reason why many people join is because they are using it as a means to get into a long term relationship because frankly at their current state they have the inability to get into one. THERE is nothing wrong with this.

Of course there will be guys that learn it to bed woman after woman, but that is not a sufficient bases to make a sweeping generalisation of it. As for the acroyms they exist because they make life easier without having to write terminologies such as Demonstrating higher value everytime you write up a field report, as a way of recording what you've done in steps. The game works because it approaches courting scientifically, sounds stupid I know, but at its core a lot of it is based on "psychology" which is WHY it works. Only difference between a guy that has learnt game and the guy that hasn't but is good with women is that he applies many game concepts without realising. Even then in the end, it all comes down to being truely confident with one self, something no routine can teach you like Local united fan and I've stated on several different occasions.

ReputationRep:
    Can I just point out, I can't be bothered with reading about people saying I'm stupid or threatened anymore and I'm not being cowardly, I just have stuff to do and can't sit here all day getting wound up and trying to explain myself because I'm being misunderstood. In short I think:

PUAs (i.e. Players) = bad.
    'The Game/The Mystery Method' = can be used for good or for evil.
    Gaining confidence using basic techniques but NOT to sleep around = good.

and finally I hope you all find what you're looking for. Rock out with your coc*s out, but remember, no glovin, no lovin.
    Au revoir mes enfants.

ReputationRep:
    Can I just point out, I can't be bothered with reading about people saying I'm stupid or threatened anymore and I'm not being cowardly, I just have stuff to do and can't sit here all day getting wound up and trying to explain myself because I'm being misunderstood. In short I think:

PUAs (i.e. Players) = bad.
    'The Game/The Mystery Method' = can be used for good or for evil.
    Gaining confidence using basic techniques but NOT to sleep around = good.

and finally I hope you all find what you're looking for. Rock out with your coc*s out, but remember, no glovin, no lovin.
    Au revoir mes enfants.
    Rep right there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Rep right there!
    Haha I think that may be my first one. Whew this thread got a little tense. I feel like we all need to sit back and have a beer or something.

ReputationRep:
    This thread, and the mention of Mystery Master (and men like him who were not always so succesful socially, with women etc.), reminds me of the term, Rogue Silverback

Here's a definition;

In short, the Rogue Silverback is a man of high intelligence and usually of a high degree of fitness, who as a child was unpopular with his peers, but rather than joining any alternative culture, is fueled by his childhood failures and returns to the primary culture as an adult and meets with massive success socially, sexually, and financially. Rogue Silverbacks are ultimately far superior to typical silverbacks and are nearly universally agents of change who challenge the norms and taboos. Most cultural change is instigated or engineered by Rogue Silverbacks.

I could care less about master PUA techniques(srsly?), and I'm not saying Myster Master is the achetype of a Rogue Silverback. I'm not going to go into deep analysis, but the term shatters rigid Alpha/Beta male roles, and it's the truth. Just as true as their are some males who have no redeeming attributes whatsoever who are destined to fail, no matter how many e-books and PUA DVD's they purchase:p:

OP, if you must, try and find a torrent.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.