Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is this possible?
    with 4 hours of lessons a week plus driving with family
    i really want to pass by the time i go to uni!

ReputationRep:
    In theory it is, the problem will be passing your theory and then finding a practical test all withing that space of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stargirl11)
    is this possible?
    how much driving have you done before? I know someone who passed in 8 weeks, but he's been driving since he was 12 in the field at his farm.
    It doesn't sound very likely if I'm honest!
    If you're serious, get your theory practise in now, and book your theory test.. that takes a week or two to revise for... if you're really lucky you could pass without any revision, as alot of it is just common sense, ther'e very little that you need to learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzypants)
    how much driving have you done before? I know someone who passed in 8 weeks, but he's been driving since he was 12 in the field at his farm.It doesn't sound very likely if I'm honest!
    If you're serious, get your theory practise in now, and book your theory test.. that takes a week or two to revise for... if you're really lucky you could pass without any revision, as alot of it is just common sense, ther'e very little that you need to learn.
    Well then he passed in 5 years then, didn't he

As said above, it can be done. Get your theory test booked and passed asap. You can't book your test until you've passed your theory.

ReputationRep:
    I did it in about that.

ReputationRep:
    is this possible?
    Yes it is, my mate did it.

ReputationRep:
    my mum was told she could take it after her first lesson but she didn't feel ready she said the instructor read the paper or slept for the rest of her lessons - she told him what do you care i'm paying you!

BTW i actually think u can have intensives my lessons 2moz omg

ReputationRep:
    My best mate passed in 3 weeks, but then again his dad WAS a ex driving instructor

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you mean from never being in the drivers seat of a car before, very very unlikely. Also there's the issue of being able to actually book the 2 tests in that time

ReputationRep:
    I had 12.5 hours with my instructor, 2 with my dad, took my test..Passed first time, 5 minors and it took about 40 days....You can do it but just depends on how you are at driving i spose?!

ReputationRep:
    Definite toughie. Get booking tests and see!

ReputationRep:
    is this possible?
    get yourself out in a car park and learn the basics, that way you will skip the boring first couple of lessons, book your theory now, its not too hard i dnt think, then get insured on a car and get the experience along side your driving lessons of 4 hours a week its easy.

ive had 6 hours and im looking at booking my test when ive passed my theory
    i plan on passing within 8 weeks (started 2 weeks ago)
    thats how im going to do it with abit of luck

ReputationRep:
    It is possible, but you'll have to give it your all and be determined.

I passed in 8 weeks, having one 2 hour lesson each week so (16 hours lesson time roughly), only did 2 hours in my own car with a parent as they were never free to take me out, and passed first time with 1 minor.

I had never done any driving before my first lesson either, I was just determined to pass and believed I could. And I'm sure you could do the same, put the revision in for your theory now, get a theory test booked and work towards it to get that one in the bag. I would advise 2 hour lessons as by the time you get started with 1 hour sessions they're over. You can get a lot of driving done in 2 hours. Work hard in the lessons, concentrate and listen intentively, you'll be surprised the difference it makes really putting your mind to something

Hardest bit will be getting your theory and practical tests squeezed into that time. You can't do the practical without doing the theory first and they both have long waiting lists, unless you stumble across a cancellation. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    of course its possible
    I passed in 8 weeks with 1 or 2 1hour lessons a week. If I hadn't of taken so long to take the theory it could easily have taken less than 6 weeks.
    Just take the theory straight away and get a cancellation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.