Turn on thread page Beta

My English teacher hates me, Will this ruin my education? watch

ReputationRep:
    This genuinly concerns me, Ive got this English teacher in college and im pretty sure she hates me. She is a feminist and I hate feminists so i always comment on her mild sexist comments and I think she hates that.

but today was the final straw that broke the camels back. She came in to our lesson late and people were doing the usual jokes ''oh what time do you call this Liz'' (everyone laughs) then Liz says ''Oh i had to meet someone'' (the whole class goes oooooooh then laugh) she laughs and then for some insane reason (i thought it would be funny) I went ''were you meeting your smack dealer Liz''? there were a few giggles then Liz just turns around and says ''get out now'' I had to leave and got into serious trouble, Liz doesn't want to teach me next year, my head of year had a go at me and Ive been told that it will go on my UCAS form and will thus fcuk up my Uni applications.

I know the joke was stupid, I realized later on that she could have had or have a friend/family member on drugs or she could have once been on drugs, so the joke was stupid and I understand why she is upset. BUT will this really go on my UCAS form? and will my grades be effected (if she marks them) I have been told to apologize tomorrow and I will, I just hope she wants to speak to me.

ReputationRep:
    In english please.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, you were a bit of a tosser.

If you stopped saying stupid stuff, maybe your life would be a lot easier.

And no, I doubt your grades are affected, because exam boards mark exams, not teachers.

ReputationRep:
    She probabily was meeting her smack dealer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    To be fair, you were a bit of a tosser.

If you stopped saying stupid stuff, maybe your life would be a lot easier.

And no, I doubt your grades are affected, because exam boards mark exams, not teachers.
    I know.

ReputationRep:
    She probably doesn't hate you, but I doubt she likes you and who can blame her? Grow up and maybe you'll be able to make amends, the class clown act might win you a couple of laughs at school, but you'll soon regret it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    She probably doesn't hate you, but I doubt she likes you and who can blame her? Grow up and maybe you'll be able to make amends, the class clown act might win you a couple of laughs at school, but you'll soon regret it.
    Yeah exactly what my Dad said, the thing is Im not normally like that. Thats like something the chav in the back of the class would of said in school.

ReputationRep:
    They cant write negative comments on a reference btw.

ReputationRep:
    It was your fault. What else do you expect after saying something like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinderellaDontGo)
    Yeah exactly what my Dad said, the thing is Im not normally like that. Thats like something the chav in the back of the class would of said in school.
    Then hopefully you've learned you lesson. Unfortunately you have to live with your actions.

ReputationRep:
    Then hopefully you've learned you lesson. Unfortunately you have to live with your actions.
    Alright Grandad jeeze

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    They cant write negative comments on a reference btw.
    There is a fine art to writing references. It's often not what they include but what they don't include that says the most about a person.

ReputationRep:
    Grow up and apologise?
    It was funny. But still...

ReputationRep:
    Alright Grandad jeeze
    For some reason, I'm having trouble believing that this isn't what you're usually like. You ask for opinions and then you have trouble accepting them. I refer you to my earlier advice - grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it won't effect anything. They aren't allowed to give you references - they probably only said it to make your realise it was a stupid thing to do and one day might get you into serious trouble. Also, teachers won't mark your exams so that won't make any difference to your exams.

My English teacher hated me and it never did me any harm.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason, I'm having trouble believing that this isn't what you're usually like. You ask for opinions and then you have trouble accepting them. I refer you to my earlier advice - grow up.
    Yes I accepted youre earlier advice and you were spot on. But I dont need it being repeated do I? unless you get a certian satisfaction in telling me off. I thought you were a party animal?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I accepted youre earlier advice and you were spot on. But I dont need it being repeated do I? unless you get a certian satisfaction in telling me off. I thought you were a party animal?
    Telling you off? Where'd you get that one from?

And as for me being a party animal, I fail to see how that is either relevant or within your knowledge!

ReputationRep:
    Telling you off? Where'd you get that one from?

And as for me being a party animal, I fail to see how that is either relevant or within your knowledge!
    Well I deserved the first comment, but I sort of got the picture after that. And you're a party animal, a cool dude, I didn't think you'd be so sqaure.

ReputationRep:
    Well I deserved the first comment, but I sort of got the picture after that. And you're a party animal, a cool dude, I didn't think you'd be so sqaure.
    I've got no idea what gave you the impression I'm a 'cool dude', but I don't think being a 'party animal' and being sensible need be mutually exclusive. Maybe that makes me a 'square'.

ReputationRep:
    Don't apply through your school if you're that scared.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.