Turn on thread page Beta

My English teacher hates me, Will this ruin my education? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    I've got no idea what gave you the impression I'm a 'cool dude', but I don't think being a 'party animal' and being sensible need be mutually exclusive. Maybe that makes me a 'square'.
    You're well cool man, all party animals are really, it goes hand in hand.

Theres being sensible and theres being square, judging by your comments I'd say you're a bit square.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinderellaDontGo)
    Alright Grandad jeeze
    Why make the thread if you dont want to hear someones opinion by posting something like this?

If you are truely sorry for what happend and it is that much out of character then an apology to the teacher wont go a miss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    Why make the thread if you dont want to hear someones opinion by posting something like this?

If you are truely sorry for what happend and it is that much out of character then an apology to the teacher wont go a miss.
    yes I accepted what he said the first time, but he repeated himself and it just got annoying.

ReputationRep:
    You're well cool man, all party animals are really, it goes hand in hand.

Theres being sensible and theres being square, judging by your comments I'd say you're a bit square.
    Do you ever get that voice in your head, the one that says just...stop...talking!?

ReputationRep:
    This genuinly concerns me, Ive got this English teacher in college and im pretty sure she hates me. She is a feminist and I hate feminists so i always comment on her mild sexist comments and I think she hates that.

but today was the final straw that broke the camels back. She came in to our lesson late and people were doing the usual jokes ''oh what time do you call this Liz'' (everyone laughs) then Liz says ''Oh i had to meet someone'' (the whole class goes oooooooh then laugh) she laughs and then for some insane reason (i thought it would be funny) I went ''were you meeting your smack dealer Liz''? there were a few giggles then Liz just turns around and says ''get out now'' I had to leave and got into serious trouble, Liz doesn't want to teach me next year, my head of year had a go at me and Ive been told that it will go on my UCAS form and will thus fcuk up my Uni applications.

I know the joke was stupid, I realized later on that she could have had or have a friend/family member on drugs or she could have once been on drugs, so the joke was stupid and I understand why she is upset. BUT will this really go on my UCAS form? and will my grades be effected (if she marks them) I have been told to apologize tomorrow and I will, I just hope she wants to speak to me.
    First off, why do you call your teachers by their first name?! That would get us kicked out the class straight away, let alone talking about smack...

Second, no, it won't go on your UCAS forms at all. There was this guy who got reported for serious bullying in our year (year 12) twice. They threatened to mention it on his UCAS form, but I asked him after he sent off his application - they never did. So don't worry :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    Do you ever get that voice in your head, the one that says just...stop...talking!?
    hahaha sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    First off, why do you call your teachers by their first name?! That would get us kicked out the class straight away, let alone talking about smack...

Second, no, it won't go on your UCAS forms at all. There was this guy who got reported for serious bullying in our year (year 12) twice. They threatened to mention it on his UCAS form, but I asked him after he sent off his application - they never did. So don't worry :yep:
    Dont know why we call teachers by first name, were allowed because they ask us to.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i used to talk **** in college my teacher was a feminist, I thought it was hillarious and just had a joke around I got sent out alot didn't have any effect really would't worry about it, I still go to a uni in the top five it won't effect your app or whatever at all. generally i didnt do **** all in college just turn in late rarely did anything apart from my coursework weeks would go by and i wasnt in, just do fine on your exam and they will lick your ass basically.

ReputationRep:
    Make it clear just how bad you feel about the comment ( you can pretend if you don't actually feel that bad). Basically grovel.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.