Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Blair? I dislike the man.

I saw on BBC news website the other day that he was at some event in India and had a black eye lol!! Maybe retribution for starting a war based on bad intelligence, and making us a target for Al Qaeda.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, I wonder what constitutional reforms he'd put in place this time...?

ReputationRep:
    all hail cherie blair first lady of europe woop woop.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Hopelessly Hopeful)
    I know **** all about politics other than what's reported on the BBC. :o:

I'll just keep my mouth shut.. :sad:
    Fair enough. He looked good on camera, but imo he was evil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Fair enough. He looked good on camera, but imo he was evil.
    Indeed. Look at those eyes. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JFJ)
    I thought he was trying to fix the Middle East or is that all sorted now?
    Oh yeah it's all fixed...turns out it was all one big misunderstanding!!

/sarcasm

Middle East isn't going to be sorted any time soon, there are so many issues to be dealt with...

ReputationRep:
    I actually thought Blair was quite a good leader all said and done. What leader was ever perfect?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Indeed. Look at those eyes. :lolwut:

Im not going to judge political opinion on someones eyes :p:

ReputationRep:
    Im not going to judge political opinion on someones eyes :p:
    I don't know. Eyes are typically a very good indicator. You put Gordon Brown and David Blunkett in a room together; you have one eye and one brain cell between them.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    I don't know. Eyes are typically a very good indicator. You put Gordon Brown and David Blunkett in a room together; you have one eye and one brain cell between them.
    Actually i like brown. He doesnt look good to the media, but he has better policy than blair imo.

ReputationRep:
    That's his chance to go for more personal glory. It's not about others.

ReputationRep:
    Blair for president! Come on... hes a legend!

ReputationRep:
    Hold on, that ******* seems to stick his foot in every role going! One minute he's 'Peace Envoy' to the middle east (that's like having Hitler as PE to Israel...) and he's not done anything to help there, so he then hears of an opening in the EU, and off he trots there. He's a lost cause that bugger. As Is that large mouthed spaz wife of his!

Why not just bring in Robert Mugabe!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Actually i like brown. He doesnt look good to the media, but he has better policy than blair imo.
    And I think Brown is terrible personally. A bumbling buffoon.

Ach, the media. :o:

ReputationRep:

I was shocked by some of the idiotic calls today - some people commenting that 'he's simply a bloody idiot guilty of war crimes', when, in reality, he's nothing of the sort.

Discuss.
    I'm sorry once I read that, your post lost all value to me. He led us into an illegal war with Iraq and Afghanistan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    I'm sorry once I read that, your post lost all value to me. He led us into an illegal war with Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Yes, but I mean seeing as he wasn't technically trialled for war crimes, he isn't actually guilty - regardless of what you might have against him.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    And I think Brown is terrible personally. A bumbling buffoon.

Ach, the media. :o:
    Yer. Its like Boris Johnson. He looks great on camera. Silly and a bit fun. Yet knowing more of his policy I believe him to be one of the scariest men to have ever held political office. He is wrong on many policy, but more dangerous is the way he conducts things. He is a very intelligent man though and he knows how to play the media. An example is when he was planting trees. He said we plan to plant x amount of trees for our environment! Now, that sounds great, untill you find out that Ken had planned many, many more and he was effectivly cuttin the amount of trees London would plant. I could go on about that bloke (and I use the term lightly) all day.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I mean seeing as he wasn't technically trialled for war crimes, he isn't actually guilty - regardless of what you might have against him.
    Well if leading your nation into an unjust war, resulting in catastrophic death tolls for a native populace and then remaining in that country isn't a war crime, then i don't know what is.

ReputationRep:
    Yer. Its like Boris Johnson. He looks great on camera. Silly and a bit fun. Yet knowing more of his policy I believe him to be one of the scariest men to have ever held political office. He is wrong on many policy, but more dangerous is the way he conducts things. He is a very intelligent man though and he knows how to play the media. An example is when he was planting trees. He said we plan to plant x amount of trees for our environment! Now, that sounds great, untill you find out that Ken had planned many, many more and he was effectivly cuttin the amount of trees London would plant. I could go on about that bloke (and I use the term lightly) all day.
    I thought the speaker was meant to remain neutral?

ReputationRep:
    I adored the guy before but turned out to be a good businessman and with the wife working as the company secretary.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.