Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep anonymous or delete
    Me and my ex broke up about 2 months ago. We wern't together long, but known eachother and been friends for about a year now.
    I decided it was best to cut all contact with him and delete him off fb because there are too many things im annoyed about. There is this girl who he was getting with before me and him were a couple (claims he never really fancied her, she more more of a rebound because i originally rejected him) and now i found out she stayed at his house for a couple of days or however long and she is always talking to him on fb which just annoys me to see.

I have had quite a few bad experiences with guys and it seems that all my friends are in a relationship with decent guys who really like and respect them. I feel like giving up with relationships altogether.

Does anyone have an advice? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Move on.

Seriously. The good times and feelings will eventually far outnumber and eclipse the bad things you're experiencing and feeling now.

ReputationRep:
    It's only been two months, give it some more time :yep: There's no point dwelling on what he did or didn't do in the past, yeah it's annoying but you're over, it doesn't matter now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anonymous or delete
    Me and my ex broke up about 2 months ago. We wern't together long, but known eachother and been friends for about a year now.
    I decided it was best to cut all contact with him and delete him off fb because there are too many things im annoyed about. There is this girl who he was getting with before me and him were a couple (claims he never really fancied her, she more more of a rebound because i originally rejected him) and now i found out she stayed at his house for a couple of days or however long and she is always talking to him on fb which just annoys me to see.

I have had quite a few bad experiences with guys and it seems that all my friends are in a relationship with decent guys who really like and respect them. I feel like giving up with relationships altogether.

Does anyone have an advice? thanks

You're not the only one, this happens to people every day and lots of people get over it. You'll probably hurt for a long time, but you made the right move by cutting all ties and removing him from Facebook. As for relationships, don't try to find someone yet. You can't start a new relationship until you're over him. When you're over him (and I mean COMPLETELY over him - it might take a year even but you'll know when you are) then you'll meet someone. Love happens unexpectedly, and almost certainly when you're not hung up over someone else. Ignore the fact that all your friends are in relationships. Just because they are, doesn't mean you have to be. Yeah it's annoying seeing everyone loved up, but just be happy for them.

ReputationRep:
    You should read this:

http://www.generationterrorists.com/...oving_one.html

think about it, and then it will help you move on. = ]

ReputationRep:
    This is like my ex, was with him for a year and he ended up cheating on me with this girl and now they're on and off, inbetween when he remembers he might want me back.
    You did the right thing cutting off contact. It's best not to know.
    I think you've lost abit of confidence from this and just need to build that up. Don't see your mates relationships as perfect, because everyone has their problems.
    Chin up and focus on your mates and stuff you wanna do, and girls who have emotional baggage are like a nail salon to guys, they just stay WELL clear, so stop worrying about past and start looking at future, you'll be fine xxx

p.s I bet this girl is obese and a skank =)

ReputationRep:
    Try to distract yourself and do the things you like.

(Original post by Supslick)
    This is like my ex, was with him for a year and he ended up cheating on me with this girl and now they're on and off, inbetween when he remembers he might want me back.
    You did the right thing cutting off contact. It's best not to know.
    I think you've lost abit of confidence from this and just need to build that up. Don't see your mates relationships as perfect, because everyone has their problems.
    Chin up and focus on your mates and stuff you wanna do, and girls who have emotional baggage are like a nail salon to guys, they just stay WELL clear, so stop worrying about past and start looking at future, you'll be fine xxx

p.s I bet this girl is obese and a skank =)
    that must have been awful for you.
    Yeah i have lost confidence, also trust in people. I have been messed around before and am really offended he seems to have moved on so quickly.
    Lol, she is pretty ugly actually, and a bit of whore. She asked out my ex twice and he has rejected her both times and then asked me out. So why she is chasing him now me and him have broken up, i do not know. They are probably **** buddies or something like they used to be, he has no feelings for her, yet she thinks something more will happen... i dont know but it winds me up she said she wanted to be my friend when me and him were together and now she is trying to get with him.

ReputationRep:
    Damn she sounds skank. Telling you straight, he's not gonna be asking her to marry him or anything. They're probably **** buddies.

ReputationRep:
    Normal... of course you're going to miss an ex.

Flipping heck, even the person who dumps the other misses their ex, unless they were like abusive or something.

Just busy yourself with friends - that really helps - it's generally when one is alone in bed or something that demons play on one's mind!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.