Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fashion & Beauty bargains you have seen or brought Watch

ReputationRep:
    What are the latest fashion and beauty bargains that you have seen or brought when out and about town.

I brought these two unqiue dresses from a small local clothing boutique shop
    for £7.00 each and so some nice 99p pearl earrings in superdrugs while standing in the line to be served.

ReputationRep:
    I loooooove bargain hunting

Recently got a skirt in Morgan for €28, down from €70
    I also really like Avon for bargains - got some really cute crystal stud earrings for under a fiver at Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    I got a gorgeous Free People tunic type cashmere top from Urban Outfitter's online sale. Reduced from £60 to a tenner :woo: :heart: I think it must have been a mistake

ReputationRep:
    Best bargain ever was when my sister bought something from a shop in Exeter. Think it was priced between £20 and £30. It was a small independent shop and the price tickets didn't have bar codes that you had to scan - it was up to the till assistant to enter the price manually. She was friendly and we were all three chatting away about the stock while the item was put through the till, paid for and bagged. It was only until later in the month when my sister checked her bank statement that she found that she'd only been charged in pennies, rather than in pounds (can't remember the exact price, but it was the equivalent of being charged 23p when the item was £23). She felt a bit guilty though

ReputationRep:
    i was in jane norman once and saw this lush dress and was like omg i have to get that. then looked at the label and it was £2!!!! the shop had made a mistake and reduced it from £45 to £2 but it was too late by the time i got to the till. the manager wasnt impressed and the shop assisstant got in laods of trouble!

ReputationRep:
    last night i bought some black topshop skinny jeans with zip ankles off ebay for £1.24 having a little foray into bargain hunting and jeans
    and i always snap up office flats when they're reduced from £50/60 to a tenner

ReputationRep:
    Got a lovely jersey dress in Topshop today reduced from £28 to a tenner.... they only had size 6's left and I thought, sod it might as well try it on! Wonderful stuff is jersey - it stretches lol.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Leathe...ort=3&clr=Blue

these but in black. £3 from £44.50! bargin!

ReputationRep:
    I got Murad Skpin perfecting lotion that was £26 down to 50p and the Murad blemish cover gel that was £16 down to 50p too - both in the boots clearance sale.
    I got what looks like a rather expensive designer dress from Primark that was reduced to £1, cheapest LBD ever!

ReputationRep:
    Different things in the HoF Sales.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a leather jacket off of eBay. It had only been worn like twice (looks brand new though). It's from Zara and originally was like £120. I got it for £26

I guess cos it being summer people aren't looking for jackets and coats but I was.

It's lovely it's like worn brown leather so it looks kinda vintage and it has a soft fur lining that zips in and out go super good for winter

Also eBay have good bargans on All Saints stuff. Some if often brand new and sold at half price or less. You don't even get that in a All Saints sale!!

As someone said above Office shoes in the sale are a must when there like £10 a pair

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got Zuri, an All Saints jumper dress - brand new with tags for £21 instead of £85!

ReputationRep:
    My best bargain was finding the new 'MeMeMe' range in Superdrug - they do a version of Benefit's High Beam for only £4.99 and it's exactly the same!

ReputationRep:
    the other day I bought a dress in the sale from new look, reduced from £30 - £7
    My best bargain ever though I got a couple of years ago, a silk and chiffon dress in a lovely teal colour from Kookai, reduced from £90 to..wait for it...£3!! Because the zip was broke which can of course be easily fixed although I am ashamed to say after 2 yrs, its still sat in my wardrobe...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.