Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DC Doberman)
    For your own sake, I'm assuming you are a troll, because no one can actually advocate increasing the suffering of a suffering population "for their own good," and claim to possess two brain cells to rub together. Haven't you considered that there are other ways to end the cycle of "death corruption and poverty," and in fact some countries are already doing them?

What's most offensive about the whole idea is that you want people you find troublesome to suffer because of where they live. Isn't that, well, totally insane?
    My family are, in fact, 'these people' I speak of.

And this is just a fabricated theory of mine - nothing realistic at all, just an entirely unrealistic thought.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, let's make the only pleasurable thing that some people have in their lives unpleasant! Great idea! After all, we know what's best, we have stable populations.

Unbelievable.
    You aren't MAKING it painful, you're leaving it as is and giving our stable populations some benefits.

Just a clarification =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopelessly Hopeful)
    I'm sure those suffering out there (heck, my family) would sacrifice sexual penetration for this greater good - this good that will ultimately take them out of poverty and enable them to engage in normal sex again...

That's extremely cruel? Of course, the problems that they're suffering from isn't at all. :rolleyes:
    If they're willing to sacrifice sex for the 'greater good', they would be willing to use condoms/be monogamous for the 'greater good'. If they aren't willing to do those things, it doesn't seem likely they are willing to sacrifice sex.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure those suffering out there (heck, my family) would sacrifice sexual penetration for this greater good - this good that will ultimately take them out of poverty and enable them to engage in normal sex again...

That's extremely cruel? Of course, the problems that they're suffering from isn't at all. :rolleyes:
    You are seriously Hopelessly Hopeful. More hopeless than hopeful though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    If they're willing to sacrifice sex for the 'greater good', they would be willing to use condoms/be monogamous for the 'greater good'. If they aren't willing to do those things, it doesn't seem likely they are willing to sacrifice sex.
    Yes, but the whole point of this thread was based on the fabricated theory that natural sex would be painful? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    You aren't MAKING it painful, you're leaving it as is and giving our stable populations some benefits.

Just a clarification =P
    :ditto:

Jeez, I thought people here could read. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds stupid, I know, but should sex feel painful? Painful enough that it hurts, but not so painful that it's physically impossible to bear?

Say for the richer countries, some sort of drug/an 'antidote' was freely available to get rid of this 'pain' and make sex feel pleasurable, but in poorer countries - in order to decrease the spread of HIV/AIDS and decrease overwhelming population sizes, sex would be painful enough to act as a deterrent for a significant majority of the populace? That way, it would pave the way for success in terms of a stable population, less disease,marked less rape ..... and then when the countries are stable enough, this 'antidote' could be freely available? But if disease/rape/poverty etc increases again because of the antidote, obviously the 'antidote' will start to become less and less freely available?

Just a random thought of mine. :o:

Discuss.

:fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but the whole point of this thread was based on the fabricated theory that natural sex would be painful? :confused:
    So in this alternate reality, why is there a problem with population/AIDS in the first place? It must be because sex is normal and pleasurable. Whether you are imposing painful sex by purposely making it painful, or by taking something away in order for it to become painful, the end result is still the same.

I can't even believe I'm arguing this, am I going mad?

AND that's not what 'theory' means, wtf.

ReputationRep:
    My family are, in fact, 'these people' I speak of.

And this is just a fabricated theory of mine - nothing realistic at all, just an entirely unrealistic thought.
    What are you talking about? You want YOUR family to have painful sex? Did I miss something? Is that supposed to make me excuse you for wishing for the suffering of poor people around the world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    :fuhrer:
    :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    What are you talking about? You want YOUR family to have painful sex? Did I miss something? Is that supposed to make me excuse you for wishing for the suffering of poor people around the world?
    No, not at all - but seeing as your implication was to alienate me from the third world countries I speak of... :rolleyes:

The topic in question was that sex was somehow naturally painful. Everyone would, naturally, suffer, but with the NHS here etc, pills would be freely available to counteract the painful sex.

It's just a fabricated theory - nothing for you to get your fanny into a twist about btw.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

Jeez, I thought people here could read. :rolleyes:
    Oh, my mistake. I read it again, let me clarify for future readers: The OP doesn't want to MAKE sex painful, he's thinking how if it WERE painful, so many problems would be solved. And even better, how rich, stable countries could then CHOOSE which people suffer by withholding antidote for this suffering. Because WE know best, because WE have stable populations, and fewer problems. Thank you, that's much better.

You're still a lunatic.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't misread the OP, I just don't see the difference between "I will cause you to suffer by doing something to you, because I want you to suffer" and "I will cause you to suffer by not doing something to you, because I want you to suffer".

ReputationRep:
    Oh, my mistake. I read it again, let me clarify for future readers: The OP doesn't want to MAKE sex painful, he's thinking how if it WERE painful, so many problems would be solved. And even better, how rich, stable countries could then CHOOSE which people suffer by withholding antidote for this suffering. Because WE know best, because WE have stable populations, and fewer problems. Thank you, that's much better.

You're still a lunatic.
    Do grow up if you're going to take personal offence at a mere fabricated idea.

Withold the antidote? No, not at all - it would merely be more freely available here than it would be in 3rd world countries, just as everything else pretty much is at the mo.

ReputationRep:
    If it ain't painful, then you are not doing it right.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't misread the OP, I just don't see the difference between "I will cause you to suffer by doing something to you, because I want you to suffer" and "I will cause you to suffer by not doing something to you, because I want you to suffer".
    Sorry, I don't think I'm being too clear.

Okay - sex is naturally painful. Antidote relatively MORE SO freely available in the western world than in 3rd world countries. Whilst we'd still donate and ship over the antidote (just as aid, clean water, food etc are), RELATIVE proportions of the antidote would be more so freely available here. So, somehow by natural evolution, with this painful sex (And with the developed countries doing everything in their power to help the 3rd world countries in terms of this antidote) the developed countries WOULD be acting positively, it would be NATURE causing this apparent suffering, which will ultimately lead to success.

ReputationRep:
    Why?

Any intelligent retorts would be much appreciated.

why would you want an activity that is enjoyable regardless of your circumstance painful. That is quite selfish and a stupid though.
    thats all for now.

C.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I don't think I'm being too clear.

Okay - sex is naturally painful. Antidote relatively MORE SO freely available in the western world than in 3rd world countries. Whilst we'd still donate and ship over the antidote (just as aid, clean water, food etc are), RELATIVE proportions of the antidote would be more so freely available here. So, somehow by natural evolution, with this painful sex (And with the developed countries doing everything in their power to help the 3rd world countries in terms of this antidote) the developed countries WOULD be acting positively, it would be NATURE causing this apparent suffering, which will ultimately lead to success.
    I don't care whether it's 'nature' doing it, the fact is that you're doing something deliberately to cause someone suffering. Whether that's doing something to them or denying them something. It's the motive I'm interested in, which is the same in each instance.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care whether it's 'nature' doing it, the fact is that you're doing something deliberately to cause someone suffering. Whether that's doing something to them or denying them something. It's the motive I'm interested in, which is the same in each instance.
    But how exactly am I doing something deliberately if it's entirely natural? :confused:

And we're not at all denying them anything - if you read the post (I quote: ''And with the developed countries doing everything in their power to help the 3rd world countries in terms of this antidote'').

ReputationRep:

You're still a lunatic.
    Yeah basically. The OP has obviously

1) Lied about her gender on here
    and
    2) Not had enough sex for it to stop being painful.

Cheers ^_^

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.