Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been friends with this girl ( im a girl too) since i was about 7 and we've been to the same schools until uni and we've sometimes been best friends other times been friends but not seen each other much. Since we both went to uni we've still been pretty good friends because we went to the same city but we didn't see each other that much then i left uni at christmas. We haven't met up for a drink of anythin since i left uni but we've talked a bit on fb and we didn't see each other much before we went to uni anyway. The thing is recently i've tried to talk to her on fb chat and shes ignored me i tried a few times and then eventually i sent her a private message asked if shes ok and whats going on as her fb statues relate to a problem but with no details. Shes completely ignored me so i think one last try so on fb chat i ask why shes ignoring me and she doesn't reply.

Have you ever done this to a friend and if so why? Im feeling really unliked as a person and I feel like I don't have many friends. Not many people are the first to text me or leave me fb messages or initiate a meet up and few agree to them with me. I don't think i'm a *****y person I like to think i'm quite nice I don't think I'm a ****** or anything. I can be a bit shy with new people sometimes I think I look quite shy and unaproachable although I really enjoy meeting and talkin to new people. I've always had a bf so don't always make loads of effort to see people but then no one really makes any effort to see me. Its really getting me down recently because I want friends and too be liked, I'm liked at work (I think) but don't feel close enough to spend time with work friends out of work.

Sorry for the longggggg explanation any ideas?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been friends with this girl ( im a girl too) since i was about 7 and we've been to the same schools until uni and we've sometimes been best friends other times been friends but not seen each other much. Since we both went to uni we've still been pretty good friends because we went to the same city but we didn't see each other that much then i left uni at christmas. We haven't met up for a drink of anythin since i left uni but we've talked a bit on fb and we didn't see each other much before we went to uni anyway. The thing is recently i've tried to talk to her on fb chat and shes ignored me i tried a few times and then eventually i sent her a private message asked if shes ok and whats going on as her fb statues relate to a problem but with no details. Shes completely ignored me so i think one last try so on fb chat i ask why shes ignoring me and she doesn't reply.

Have you ever done this to a friend and if so why? Im feeling really unliked as a person and I feel like I don't have many friends. Not many people are the first to text me or leave me fb messages or initiate a meet up and few agree to them with me. I don't think i'm a *****y person I like to think i'm quite nice I don't think I'm a ****** or anything. I can be a bit shy with new people sometimes I think I look quite shy and unaproachable although I really enjoy meeting and talkin to new people. I've always had a bf so don't always make loads of effort to see people but then no one really makes any effort to see me. Its really getting me down recently because I want friends and too be liked, I'm liked at work (I think) but don't feel close enough to spend time with work friends out of work.

She might not be ignoring you, instead there could be a lot of other reasons like she might be having a lot of problems right now. You've mentioned her Facebook statuses so maybe she has a problem and isn't really talking to anyone at all at the moment.

Also, have you phoned her up and talked to her on the phone? Facebook chat might not be the best indicator of whether she is ignoring you or not, she could just not use Facebook chat like that or even check her inbox. If you ring her or text her it's more likely that she will have got the message and she is probably less likely to miss it.

ReputationRep:
    People change...

Friends move on to different social groups...

All part of life i suppose

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, she probably doesnt realise how much this is \affecting you. Sometimes people facebook chat me or send me messages and I don't reply for a while, not because I don't care but because I'm busy or have a lot on.
    If this girl really does have loads of problems and can't cope with them very well she might not feel like chatting, doesnt mean she has a personal problem with you. I would try not to take it as an insult and see if she does get in touch again soon.
    There is also the chance that if she is upset then she just doesnt want to talk about it, and perhaps your message relating to it has made her not want to reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I'm never the first person that people text or anything lie that. Isn't it a great feeling?

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever ignored one person but that was because she turned into a total slut, so I wanted nothing more to do with her especially when she decided to binge drink loads and take drugs (She started both on her 18th) She sleeps with/gets off with random guys in bar, and she's a self centred ***** AND tried it on with my ex when me and him were still together.

But anyways.
    Like people above have said, maybe she's just got a load of work or problems that she's not talking about.
    Try phoning her, its direct.
    Most people don't like using facebook chat or even hear it more that matter. She may have not even even noticed she received an e-mail.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.