Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would put you off a relationship - Reveal your snobbish side (if at all) Watch

• View Poll Results: Out of the following, which would put you off?
    A member of the BNP - Put off
    32.12%
    A member of the BNP - Dump them
    56.22%
    Very poor background, but at uni - Put off
    5.44%
    Very poor background, but at uni - Dump them
    1.04%
    Poor and have minimum wage job - Put off
    27.46%
    Poor and have minimum wage job - Dump them
    7.77%
    Bixsexual - Put off
    27.98%
    Bixsexual - Dump them
    18.39%
    Don't believe in sex before marriage - Put off
    35.23%
    Don't believe in sex before marriage - Dump them
    29.02%
    Vegan - Put off
    28.24%
    Vegan - Dump them
    7.51%
    None of the above
    4.66%
    Other (please state)
    9.33%

ReputationRep:
    You meet a guy/girl of your dreams. Very good looking and you love their personality through and through. It's all going well. But they mention something. Which of the following (if any) would put you off or even mean you would have to dump this guy/girl.

Poll coming up!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    No poll yet so here's mine:

'Oh and by the way, I want to join the armed forces.'

:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I'll wait for the poll before looking like a jerk.

ReputationRep:
    Why bisexual? How could that be a turn off? O.o

ReputationRep:
    OK, poll added!! It's a bit controversial. The only problem I'd have is if someone was a member of the BNP. I'd be put off, but that's it. If I loved them, that would take priority. I don't know how the heck I would be attracted to them in the first place, but eh. The other options don't excite me at all, but they wouldn't put me off. In the vegan case it'd actually show a strenght of moral character. I don't agree with vegans for the record.

ReputationRep:
    "Don't believe in sex before marriage - Dump them" - Seems silly and trivial, but I don't think you can have a real relationship without the sexual contact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    Why bisexual? How could that be a turn off? O.o
    I didn't say it was! It doesn't bother me. Anyway, hence the snobbish side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Another Student)
    OK, poll added!! It's a bit controversial. The only problem I'd have is if someone was a member of the BNP. I'd be put off, but that's it. If I loved them, that would take priority. I don't know how the heck I would be attracted to them in the first place, but eh. The other options don't excite me at all, but they wouldn't put me off. In the vegan case it'd actually show a strenght of moral character. I don't agree with vegans for the record.
    Wtf? Why?

ReputationRep:
    Disappearo... No signo...

I think I'll wait until the poll fills up a bit more before replying actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Why on earth would you dump someone for being vegan? :confused:
    I wouldn't know either.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf? Why?
    Why what?

ReputationRep:
    Why what?
    Why don't you 'agree' with vegans/veganism?

ReputationRep:
    Dump for no sex before marriage because it's just not practical in my opinion.

Would definitely dump for BNP, have you actually seen those vile f*ckers policies and beliefs?! I hate that peope vote for them and say it was "because the main parties are rubbish! It's a protest vote." If you wanna protest vote then you vote for the greens or an independent, if you vote BNP then you are racist, full stop.

May be put off by vegan if they are militant vegans (as in they don't want you eating meat round them and wanna force veganism on you).
    However i would definitely be put off by "vegetarians" that eat fish. That's close to dumpable in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    BTW for future reference can people stop saying why would you do this etc? I don't agree with ANY of the statements except I'd be put off by a BNP member.

ReputationRep:
    BTW for future reference can people stop saying why would you do this etc? I don't agree with ANY of the statements except I'd be put off by a BNP member.
    But some people do agree with the statements and we want to know why those people do

soooo no :P

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you 'agree' with vegans/veganism?
    I'm not a vegan. Sorry maybe that came over wrong? Do you want to me to get into an ethical debate? I believe that they have the right to choose and I completely respect their right. Infact I admire vegans.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be seriously put off if a guy wore heels or/and make up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    But some people do agree with the statements and we want to know why those people do

soooo no :P
    My mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    "Don't believe in sex before marriage - Dump them" - Seems silly and trivial, but I don't think you can have a real relationship without the sexual contact
    They don't BELIEVE in it, that doesn't mean they won't change their mind (it happened to my best female friend not with me tho )

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.