Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would put you off a relationship - Reveal your snobbish side (if at all) Watch

• View Poll Results: Out of the following, which would put you off?
    A member of the BNP - Put off
    32.12%
    A member of the BNP - Dump them
    56.22%
    Very poor background, but at uni - Put off
    5.44%
    Very poor background, but at uni - Dump them
    1.04%
    Poor and have minimum wage job - Put off
    27.46%
    Poor and have minimum wage job - Dump them
    7.77%
    Bixsexual - Put off
    27.98%
    Bixsexual - Dump them
    18.39%
    Don't believe in sex before marriage - Put off
    35.23%
    Don't believe in sex before marriage - Dump them
    29.02%
    Vegan - Put off
    28.24%
    Vegan - Dump them
    7.51%
    None of the above
    4.66%
    Other (please state)
    9.33%

ReputationRep:
    I said I would dump a BNP supporter and would be put off if he didn't believe in sex before marriage- the former for obvious reasons, the latter because I think you should try before you buy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    I'd be seriously put off if a guy wore heels or/and make up.
    Not a jeffree star fan huh?

http://i35.tinypic.com/zn1p2o.jpg

Tell me that's not dreamy^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Another Student)
    I'm not a vegan. Sorry maybe that came over wrong? Do you want to me to get into an ethical debate? I believe that they have the right to choose and I completely respect their right. Infact I admire vegans.
    Jesus Christ keep your knickers on I was only asking how you disagree with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edenr)
    I'll wait for the poll before looking like a jerk.
    Too late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    I don't think he ever said he did disagree with it did he? I thought he said he admired their strength of character?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Sorry that came out wrong. It wasn't meant to sound snappy. I just didn't know how to interept your post. I'm taking it that you are a vegan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    Not a jeffree star fan huh?

*image*

Tell me that's not dreamy^
    My worst nightmare :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    I don't think he ever said he did disagree with it did he? I thought he said he admired their strength of character?
    You thought correctly!

Anyway enough about vegans, if anyone wants a debate about vegans...well I would give you a link but where would I start? There's normally a daily vegertarian/vegan thread.

ReputationRep:
    He said 'I don't agree with vegans, for the record.'

(Original post by Just Another Student)
    Sorry that came out wrong. It wasn't meant to sound snappy. I just didn't know how to interept your post. I'm taking it that you are a vegan?
    Nah, I don't like meat but I still eat it. Can't have dairy for medical reasons.

ReputationRep:
    They don't BELIEVE in it, that doesn't mean they won't change their mind (it happened to my best female friend not with me tho )
    Well i thought when someone didn't believe in it they wouldn't do it :P Should have specified on the Poll "They don't BELIEVE in it (but might change their minds)" Haha

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the BNP thing .... don't see how I would like her personality in the first place lol!

ReputationRep:
    However i would definitely be put off by "vegetarians" that eat fish. That's close to dumpable in my opinion.
    SO your talking about pescitarians then

ReputationRep:
    SERIOUSLY! How is bisexual a turn off for 6 people and dumpable for someone!?

There's no sexier convo than talking with your babe about how great boobs are :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Boombastic)
    SO your talking about pescitarians then
    Not necessarily. I should have been clearer, it isn't what people eat that bothers me, it is their motivations for the choice.

I don't mind people not eating meat but eating fish if it's just because they don't like meat. The problem i have is people that don't eat meat because they don't think animals should be slaughtered for meat or because of cruelty etc but who will still happily chomp down on fish. It's incredibly hypocritical.

Sorry, should have been clear in the initial post that when i said vegetarians i meant veggies who don't eat meat on moral grounds.

ReputationRep:
    BNP Member.

Some things just don't work. Your partner wanting to deport you is probably one of them.

ReputationRep:
    I would break up with someone if they were a member of the BNP or if they didn't want sex before marriage. I would not mind about bisexuality or a poor background at all. I would LOVE them to be vegan.

ReputationRep:
    Why bisexual? How could that be a turn off? O.o
    Well, not for boys, of course.

A girl, on the other hand, might not find the fact that her man has been with other men that attractive.

Other put offs:
    Excessive alcohol drinking
    ex-junkies (a relapse would always worry me)

Other reasons to dump them:
    Someone into drugs
    Someone with absolutely no ambition

I find the whole poor background thing but at uni quite attractive. I like seeing people taking some initiative.

ReputationRep:
    My 'other' is - 'I work away a lot'. I don't think it's snobbish though, just don't want to be with someone who I wouldn't see for periods of time.

Currently trying to help my boyfriend find a new job.

ReputationRep:
    The only one of those on the list that would put me off someone would be if they joined the BNP....no need for racism in society. We are all the same, skin colour etc doesnt matter. No sex before marriage....at my age I would say that the majority of men have probably been married anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Only put off by one thing in that list - no sex before marriage, which, haha, makes it seem like it's my entire life.

(it's not)

edit: oh, the BNP. I'd laugh at them until they had to leave. Great.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.