Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would put you off a relationship - Reveal your snobbish side (if at all) watch

• View Poll Results: Out of the following, which would put you off?
    A member of the BNP - Put off
    32.12%
    A member of the BNP - Dump them
    56.22%
    Very poor background, but at uni - Put off
    5.44%
    Very poor background, but at uni - Dump them
    1.04%
    Poor and have minimum wage job - Put off
    27.46%
    Poor and have minimum wage job - Dump them
    7.77%
    Bixsexual - Put off
    27.98%
    Bixsexual - Dump them
    18.39%
    Don't believe in sex before marriage - Put off
    35.23%
    Don't believe in sex before marriage - Dump them
    29.02%
    Vegan - Put off
    28.24%
    Vegan - Dump them
    7.51%
    None of the above
    4.66%
    Other (please state)
    9.33%

ReputationRep:
    Not really put off by any thing as long as they dont inforce their beliefs on me.
    I suppose veganism does make going out for food difficult...never want to go to pizza hut with a vegan again put it that way. but its not the be all and end all.
    Already been in a relationship with someone that was bi and it didnt really bother me.
    edit: as for the poor job at least they actually have one

ReputationRep:
    I put that I'd be put off BNP instead of actually dumping them, I know a couple of people who have voted for them that are actually nice people; they just know nothing about politics!
    Vegan would put me off, not quite sure why but I guess I eat a lot of meat and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that around a vegan.
    I wouldn't want to go out with someone that didn't want sex before marriage.

ReputationRep:
    i went for being put of if they dont want sex before marriage (pretty important to me in a relationship)and would dump someone is they were bisexual (wouldnt be comfortable with the fact my bf has slept with another bloke!)

ReputationRep:
    haha.... bisexual vegans who dont work, want casual sex and never want to get married.. are just the kind of people i like
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    "Don't believe in sex before marriage" = instant dump. BNP voter and vegan = put off, but if they were hot and the sex was good then I'd easily stay. The rest don't matter.

ReputationRep:
    don't believe in sex before marriage = dump
    bnp voter = dump
    bisexual = dump

that's about it. the others wouldn't put me off at all.

ReputationRep:
    Why are so many people put off by bisexuals?! I'm guessing this is the girls talking, not the guys...

ReputationRep:
    Just the BNP ones. I was going to put vegan but then I remembered a very lovely girl who's a vegan.

(Original post by Prospera)

Don't pigeonhole all BNP voters with the overused, droning 'racist' stigma. Are you incapable of considering their motives, so you must spout a heavily emotional term which is practically redundant due to its childish overuse and misapplication, by people like yourself? I'm sure a proportion of BNP voters do hold racist beliefs, but you cannot apply that stigma to all BNP voters with such narrow-minded tunnel vision. To also imply that one suddenly becomes a racist upon ticking the box next to the BNP in the polling booth is a laughably facile argument.
    The BNP have a centrally racist agenda - they want to create an 'ethnically homogeneous' society (i.e. one which is as white as possible, in plain speaking). Yeah, this kind of stuff is in their manifestos, constitution and other official documents. BNP voters are either knowingly supporting this racist agenda, don't care about the racist agenda or are too dim to recognise the racist agenda - in all three cases they aren't deserving of any respect from me.

ReputationRep:
    a health and exercise fanatic...big turn off...obviously i'd like a guy who takes care of himself but not when it's so extreme that it turns into vanity...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bassmonkey)
    Why are so many people put off by bisexuals?! I'm guessing this is the girls talking, not the guys...
    Because guys are very turned on by seeing girls kiss (and go a bit further as well), whereas girls are largely disgusted by two men doing the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    said in the late 90's
    And?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Another Student)
    And?
    Gerry Adams went from being an IRA terrorist in the early '70s to a revered peacemaker in the '90s. Lord Mandelson went from being a diehard Communist in his youth to being a money obsessive and baron. People's minds are never stagnant.

ReputationRep:
    i've got the funniest Vice article for you guys to read, especially if you voted the BNP on this poll:
    http://www.viceland.com/wp/2009/07/babes-of-the-bnp/

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't date a guy who was a member of the BNP, or if he was vegan. I can't be arsed with fussy eaters. I don't 'do' bisexuals either - I just don't like it.

Money is an issue - if he's permanently skint and I'm not, then I don't want to be footing the bill all the time - equal partnerships.

Other than that, none of the others bother me. Your background doesn't define who you are and what you're capable of.

ReputationRep:
    Bi-sexual, BNP member, No sex before marriage- Noooo thank you.

I have no problem with having relationships with people from poorer background or the same background as me. My boyfriends quite alot better off than my family and I do sometimes find it irritating how little he understands money and working for it. but then again I have alot of friends who aren't very well off and still don't think they should work for a living! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Because guys are very turned on by seeing girls kiss (and go a bit further as well), whereas girls are largely disgusted by two men doing the same.
    Ah well, guess I'm in the minority then :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariamurray)
    i've got the funniest Vice article for you guys to read, especially if you voted the BNP on this poll:
    http://www.viceland.com/wp/2009/07/babes-of-the-bnp/
    Lol, it's tragic that i've met several people like this in everyday life.

ReputationRep:
    if they were gay, i dont think it would work out ha.
    none of those really affect me, cos it depends what theyre like as a person i guess
    if they were bi tho, id be worried theyd cheat on me with a boy. thatd be worse than with a girl.

ReputationRep:
    The no sex would be a put off but if she was a really nice, attractive girl who I had a lot in common with then I think it would be foolish to dump her.
    The BNP thing obviously would put me off anyone.
    The bisexuality could be hot if it meant threesomes with another girl.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.