Turn on thread page Beta

What would put you off a relationship - Reveal your snobbish side (if at all) watch

• View Poll Results: Out of the following, which would put you off?
    A member of the BNP - Put off
    32.12%
    A member of the BNP - Dump them
    56.22%
    Very poor background, but at uni - Put off
    5.44%
    Very poor background, but at uni - Dump them
    1.04%
    Poor and have minimum wage job - Put off
    27.46%
    Poor and have minimum wage job - Dump them
    7.77%
    Bixsexual - Put off
    27.98%
    Bixsexual - Dump them
    18.39%
    Don't believe in sex before marriage - Put off
    35.23%
    Don't believe in sex before marriage - Dump them
    29.02%
    Vegan - Put off
    28.24%
    Vegan - Dump them
    7.51%
    None of the above
    4.66%
    Other (please state)
    9.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    I can't believe some of the girls on here would actually dump/not go out with a guy because he was a big football fan. I love watching football and following my team (Spurs) and its never occurred to me that it would be a dealbreaker for some girls.
    I loathe football. I absolutely hate it. I cannot express in words how much I hate football. Anything football related and I'm gone. I won't tolerate its presence in my life.

ReputationRep:
    would dump them if they were in the BNP, or shagging my mum

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that would put me off from that list would be if he were a member of the BNP. I'd dump him straight away. Other things that would put me off would be... drugs, smoking, overpassionate about football, bad hygiene, wanted to be in the army. etc... a lot of the things girls have already written about on here.

Also, I don't drink a lot because it just makes me feel queasy and I've tried going veggie in the past. I'll probably try again in the future but at the moment, with living in a house full of meat eating people it's a bit impractical. If someone made this into an issue then that would be a massive turn off - pressuring me into trying to eat meat and drink alcohol, constantly asking about why you would want to be like that etc... it's immature. Especially when the person would try and make sure it wasn't an issue for others around them like I've done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I loathe football. I absolutely hate it. I cannot express in words how much I hate football. Anything football related and I'm gone. I won't tolerate its presence in my life.
    What's so bad about football? :dontknow:
    what about other sports?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    What's so bad about football? :dontknow:
    what about other sports?
    The noise, the bright green screen, the ridiculous amount of money footballers get for kicking a ball into a fecking net, the lager louts.. the beer belly fatties walking behind news casters shouting 'Maaaan Uuuuuu' - It makes me want to be physically sick!!! I just can't stand it. Other sports aren't so, obsessive or loud.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand girls disliking guys who treat football as a religion, ie. going to games every week, watching every game that's televised and constantly talking about football.

But to disown a guy just because he enjoys football seems harsh in the extreme. I hate shopping, but i'd happily go with a girl every now and then if she liked it. If she spoke about shoes and went shopping every day (basically if she was the horseface one from sex and the city) it would be annoying though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    :rofl: at everyone saying they'd dump/be put off by someone being a vegan.

:stupid:
    why do people not realise vegans are all skinny malnourished looking skeletons. also in general it means theyll be a self righteous *******s

ReputationRep:
    I can understand girls disliking guys who treat football as a religion, ie. going to games every week, watching every game that's televised and constantly talking about football.

But to disown a guy just because he enjoys football seems harsh in the extreme. I hate shopping, but i'd happily go with a girl every now and then if she liked it. If she spoke about shoes and went shopping every day (basically if she was the horseface one from sex and the city) it would get annoying.
    But you're you and it wouldn't bother you. But I'm not you, I cannot stand football or anything to do with it. It is a deal breaker for me. *shrugs* - the beauty of life is that we all have differing tastes and standards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    The noise, the bright green screen, the ridiculous amount of money footballers get for kicking a ball into a fecking net, the lager louts.. the beer belly fatties walking behind news casters shouting 'Maaaan Uuuuuu' - It makes me want to be physically sick!!! I just can't stand it. Other sports aren't so, obsessive or loud.
    sounds like pretty much every other professional sport to me :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    sounds like pretty much every other professional sport to me :dontknow:
    I'm not a sport's kinda girl. I'd rather walk around a historical castle with a guy than sit in the house, drink beer play computer games and watch footy.

In fact, that's another one - computer games. I just don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised to see so many people saying armed forces, i'm guessing it's just down to the long periods of time apart yes?
    Also, when you say drug user are you including casual users in that? (eg. someone who smokes pot a couple of times a month.)
    I'm a pacifist. I have moral objections. Long periods of time...well I do them anyway :p:

As for the drugs...I date some one who used to smoke pot regularly, no much less regularly but does so every now and then. I hate it, absolutely despise it and it's the thing we argue about most.
    So technically, casual users put me off, regular users...dump.
    i'm saying this in hindsight...I love my boy very much, but if we broke up I woud definiately put drug users under my 'not a chance' list.

ReputationRep:
    I'd also like to add that drug users (weed etc.) would be an instant dump. Smoking/alcohol is fine as long as it's not excessive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    I'd also like to add that drug users (weed etc.) would be an instant dump. Smoking/alcohol is fine as long as it's not excessive.
    Funny. I would consider a cigarette smoker more off-putting than a pot smoker (so long as it wasn't everyday use).

ReputationRep:
    Funny. I would consider a cigarette smoker more off-putting than a pot smoker (so long as it wasn't everyday use).
    Ha, I agree with you. Cigarettes seem so pointless :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    member of the BNP - dump them but it's kind of moot as, being non-white, I doubt I'd be a BNP member's type in the first place
    don't believe in sex before marriage - dump them, as I don't believe in marriage. Well unless I could change their minds.

ReputationRep:
    None if individually - but throw them all together then :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Strictly religious.

ReputationRep:
    I'd only be put off if they were a member of the BNP.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the girls saying they would not go out with a football fan. I also hate football. I don't even know any boys who like football. I would barely even be friends with a football fan.

I would also not go out with someone who was religious in any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    "Don't believe in sex before marriage - Dump them" - Seems silly and trivial, but I don't think you can have a real relationship without the sexual contact
    Yeah I would say that now tbf.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.