Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any way to stop it? It gets pretty embarrassing when I say stupid things to my boyfriend in the middle of the night, I even started talking about pokemon once haha...
    Is it just something you grow out of?

ReputationRep:
    I usually talk only if I'm in a lot stress or haven't slept properly.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's cuuuuute

ReputationRep:
    I sleepp talk and i hate it. I just say anything and some of its quite embarassing
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I do it, Tom just finds it hilariously funny.

He keeps on randomly coming out with comments that I've said and taking the mick. "The coursework is BLUE, Jessica, it's BLUE!"

I sleepwalk as well, which is even funnier in his mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    I do it, Tom just finds it hilariously funny.

He keeps on randomly coming out with comments that I've said and taking the mick. "The coursework is BLUE, Jessica, it's BLUE!"

I sleepwalk as well, which is even funnier in his mind

haha i used to sleep walk, once somehow managed to go downstairs, get some crisps out of the cupboard, sit down infront of the TV and put cartoon network on..while still asleep

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend talks in his sleep! It's quite cute but he says some weird stuff :p: One time he rolled over and put his arm around me and started talking about monkeys, haha.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm my man does it, it was bloody scary the first couple of times but I got used to it. Once I thought he'd actually woken up cos he poked me and said "Well it was a shame about the weather, but I think it was still a nice day wasn't it?" and when I turned over he was asleep.

I also once heard "But I wanted to be the mayor!!" :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know tbh...

I once woke people up saying NOOOOOOOO! Chris! NOOOOOOOOO! And yeah, was asked who Chris was the next day ><

Appartly, I have also talked in tongues (like wtf? The girl was weird though)

And screamed in my sleep. Haha

And to your question, I have no idea tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I do it too. I was visiting my gran and me and my sister had to share a bed. Supposingly she asked me if she could have come more quilt and I was like "No, I'm lying on it" when I was actually under it and I was asking her to turn the light out when it wasn't even on! When I was wee I used to spell words to my mum in my sleep. Now some things I come out with is really embarrising. I hate it when people bring it up the next day... you could always sleep with duct tape over your mouth? :p: I don't think there is any way to stop it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    My boyfriend talks in his sleep! It's quite cute but he says some weird stuff :p: One time he rolled over and put his arm around me and started talking about monkeys, haha.
    XD Aww how romantic :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've been told I sleep mumble, and very occasionally form decipherable words. When I went on a camp with the Air Cadets years ago people said it must be to make up for what I don't say during the day. I thought that was quite sweet, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellybaby)
    It gets pretty embarrassing when I say stupid things to my boyfriend in the middle of the night
    I remember my friend telling me that one morning her boyfriend had told her she'd said the previous night, while fast asleep, "I wonder what it would be like to be with an asian man..."

Her account brought me tremendous joy. Before you try and stop the habit, think of the great joy you'd be denying your friends .

ReputationRep:
    Its annoying! My younger brother AND sister both talk during the night, and you can't even stop it. So irritating especially cos I'm a light sleeper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    WHAT? Really? You never told me about that.... what did I say? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    WHAT? Really? You never told me about that.... what did I say? lol
    You were talking really fast about trees and monkeys :yep: I can't remember exactly what you said because most of it didn't make sense but you sounded really excited about it.

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend has had full convos with me, the next day i've discovered he was asleep! strange at first but cute unless you've recieved complaints, i wouldn't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I was speaking French the other night, which is quite something, considering I haven't done any French since I was 16...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iced_dragon_agility)
    I think it's cuuuuute
    I agree, its cute and funny when my ex did it.

ReputationRep:
    My ex told me I used to do it in Hungarian, she'd tell me she didn't understand and I'd translate into English.

I do it quite frequently apparently :redface:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.