The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

because it cooks them.
Reply 2
everything tastes better fried. i fry all my food, no lie.
Reply 3
Actually if you fry the very same burgers you'll find that the pan will be filled with grease once you remove them, thus, the fat has come out of the burgers.

Same result either way really, there only are about 3 ways to cook a burger, and the chances are fat will come out of them no matter what way you do. This is because it's an animal product, minced beef, which contains a lot of fat.

Were you honestly surprised by the outcome of your cooking endeavors?
Reply 4
I grill mine. Also generally you'll find the more expensive the burger the less fat you'll find dripping from it.

Birds eye are terrible. In fact most of their products are. I work at Iceland. Last I checked our own brand £1 for 4 beef quarter pounders and more % beef then their beef quarter pounders.

Unless you meant birds eye 100% beef burgers. But even if you did the meat quality will be poor compared to more expensive ones. Also generally frozen ones seem more fatty then ones you can by chilled.
Reply 5
They taste amazing either way...*drool*
Missmeem
They taste amazing either way...*drool*

lol yep :biggrin:
Try venison burgers. Delicious, and much much lower in fat.
Reply 8
I don't fry the frozen ones. But when we make fresh ones out of beef mince we fry them, they just test better. Not great for you though, but everything in moderation.
Go for a George Foreman... fat reducing! But either way, there is always gonna be fat coming out and fat staying in the burger. Excess fattage :smile:
At this rate people are going to be grilling turkeys. :eek:
Revd. Mike
Try venison burgers. Delicious, and much much lower in fat.

ok, i'll have the butler fetch my jewels from the vault, then i shall purchase some of these burgers of the deer.

(i'm guessing they're dear.)
Reply 12
Dunno lol guess it's just a habit
Reply 13
*Sparkle*
So apart from people who don't actually have grills why do people fry burgers?

I grilled some frozen birds eye burgers the other night and the amount of fat that came out of them made me so sick I couldn't eat mine, but that's fat that isn't in the burger anymore. So why do people fry this stuff when it just keeps all the fat there?? Does it taste nicer?

Do you grill or fry?

It tends to taste much better fried. Although i grill anything that can be grilled, frying it doesn't taste good enough for me to want to eat all that fat etc

Occasionally i'll buy a burger though lol. It's alright about once a week i think.
Everything does taste better fried, it's nowhere near as dry. Minus peppers, grilled peppers are awesome.
I shallow fry them in Olive Oil.
Reply 16
I"ve switched to Quorn veggie burgers since looking at the disgusting amount of fat that comes out of normal burgers. Veggie burgers taste the same as the meat ones, and theres none of that fat either. I cook them in the oven.
Reply 17
I make my own burgers and fry them. I only eat Burgers occasionally though.
Reply 18
I hate cleaning the grill! :dontknow:
Reply 19
enigma373
everything tastes better fried. i fry all my food, no lie.

your skin must be gross

Latest