Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    ok, i'll have the butler fetch my jewels from the vault, then i shall purchase some of these burgers of the deer.

(i'm guessing they're dear.)
    lol....:p:

ReputationRep:
    george formby FTW !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enigma373)
    everything tastes better fried. i fry all my food, no lie.
    Mars bar? :p:

ReputationRep:
    My grill's broke =[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Mars bar? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Frying is worse.
    Fat stays in the burger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Wow... they actually do that in Scotland... thought it was a joke...

Yours? Had one then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Wow... they actually do that in Scotland... thought it was a joke...

Yours? Had one then?
    I've had deep fried cheesecake and twinkies, but never a deep fried mars bar.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't trust a burger from the shops... I've eaten ones made at home with mince from the butcher, but preferably I'd only eat ones made with meat that I had minced at home myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    I've had deep fried cheesecake and twinkies, but never a deep fried mars bar.
    OMG... really?
    Was it nice/r?
    You Scottish then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    OMG... really?
    Was it nice/r?
    You Scottish then?
    They were nice, not as great as you would think. I had them at the State Fair of Texas.

ReputationRep:
    grill or george

ReputationRep:
    I ovencook, so much healthier

ReputationRep:
    I only eat burgers that I've made from mince tbh. Frozen burgers are disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    I cook them in the oven on the grillpan (so they're still on the rack and fat can drip out) seems to get the most fat out of them. But have a look at packets etc and choose the least fatty ones (which are generally fresh ones that can be frozen rather than frozen ones)

ReputationRep:
    They taste best barbecued.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deano-101)
    your skin must be gross
    it's pretty clear actually

ReputationRep:
    I fry my (veggie) burgers because it's quicker than cooking them in the oven or the grill - they have hardly any fat in them, and you have to put olive oil on even if you cook them in the oven or grill them, so it's just the same.

(Original post by *Sparkle*)
    So apart from people who don't actually have grills why do people fry burgers?

I grilled some frozen birds eye burgers the other night and the amount of fat that came out of them made me so sick I couldn't eat mine, but that's fat that isn't in the burger anymore. So why do people fry this stuff when it just keeps all the fat there?? Does it taste nicer?

Do you grill or fry?
    Because I like fatty food. If I want a burger, then I want it fried.

Cheese and ketchup on mine, please.

ReputationRep:
    my grill sets things on fire :| so i am fated to fry my burgers, although i prefer them grilled, it's just too risky :o:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.