The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
londonboym
ok, i'll have the butler fetch my jewels from the vault, then i shall purchase some of these burgers of the deer.

(i'm guessing they're dear.)

lol....:p:
george formby FTW !
enigma373
everything tastes better fried. i fry all my food, no lie.

Mars bar? :p:
My grill's broke =[
paperclip
Mars bar? :p:

Reply 25
Frying is worse.
Fat stays in the burger.
Reply 26
vander Beth

Wow... they actually do that in Scotland... thought it was a joke...

Yours? Had one then?
emmie19
Wow... they actually do that in Scotland... thought it was a joke...

Yours? Had one then?

I've had deep fried cheesecake and twinkies, but never a deep fried mars bar.
I wouldn't trust a burger from the shops... I've eaten ones made at home with mince from the butcher, but preferably I'd only eat ones made with meat that I had minced at home myself.
Reply 29
vander Beth
I've had deep fried cheesecake and twinkies, but never a deep fried mars bar.

OMG... really?
Was it nice/r?
You Scottish then?
emmie19
OMG... really?
Was it nice/r?
You Scottish then?

They were nice, not as great as you would think. I had them at the State Fair of Texas.
Reply 31
grill or george
I ovencook, so much healthier
I only eat burgers that I've made from mince tbh. Frozen burgers are disgusting.
I cook them in the oven on the grillpan (so they're still on the rack and fat can drip out) seems to get the most fat out of them. But have a look at packets etc and choose the least fatty ones (which are generally fresh ones that can be frozen rather than frozen ones)
Reply 35
They taste best barbecued.
Reply 36
Deano-101
your skin must be gross

it's pretty clear actually :biggrin:
Reply 37
I fry my (veggie) burgers because it's quicker than cooking them in the oven or the grill - they have hardly any fat in them, and you have to put olive oil on even if you cook them in the oven or grill them, so it's just the same.
Reply 38
*Sparkle*
So apart from people who don't actually have grills why do people fry burgers?

I grilled some frozen birds eye burgers the other night and the amount of fat that came out of them made me so sick I couldn't eat mine, but that's fat that isn't in the burger anymore. So why do people fry this stuff when it just keeps all the fat there?? Does it taste nicer?

Do you grill or fry?
Because I like fatty food. If I want a burger, then I want it fried.

Cheese and ketchup on mine, please.
Reply 39
my grill sets things on fire :| so i am fated to fry my burgers, although i prefer them grilled, it's just too risky :o:

Latest