Turn on thread page Beta

Guys with PUA material VS girls with short skirts and low tops watch

ReputationRep:
    Reading another thread here about a guy wanting free material and rightly getting backlashed from annoyed girls got me thinking. Can girls be justified in getting angry at guys whos resort to all this pick up material on the internet when girls have been wearing short skirts and low cut tops to attract men for eons? Aren't they both relying on trying to create attraction between them and the other sex in aim of finding a partner and/or a quick shag?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's because guys use PUA as a kind mind game thing to get women. Whereas the girls you describe are just flaunting what they have. But I guess in the same way, that's also a mind game.

Look, we all play games. It happens. But when things are done through the internet, and gurus are consulted, it just seems kinda slimy.

ReputationRep:
    tbh PU theres nothing terrible.
    i mean girls were make-up, is that not deceit?
    they also can choose sexual partners much easier than men, is that not gender-biased?
    boys and girls both decieve each other, but since society has moved to helping women's rights, this is seen as blasphemy.
    And TBH guys who join pick up do have low self confidence and are trying to pick it up(excuse the pun) and become more confident.Most people that do PU are pretty insecure at first.
    Girls with short skirts have low confidence/insecurities, but when they get attention, confidence goes up briefly then they feel used. It doesn't solve long term problems.
    pickup aint that bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyler Statham)
    Reading another thread here about a guy wanting free material and rightly getting backlashed from annoyed girls got me thinking. Can girls be justified in getting angry at guys whos resort to all this pick up material on the internet when girls have been wearing short skirts and low cut tops to attract men for eons? Aren't they both relying on trying to create attraction between them and the other sex in aim of finding a partner and/or a quick shag?
    Difference is, women are showing off what they've got, men are showing off with what they haven't. In my opinion using canned lines and techniques someone has taught you is no different to showing off with a sports car that isn't yours. It's basically false advertising, you are showing yourself off as being funny and interesting when frankly, you're probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    tbh PU theres nothing terrible.
    i mean girls were make-up, is that not deceit?
    they also can choose sexual partners much easier than men, is that not gender-biased?
    boys and girls both decieve each other, but since society has moved to helping women's rights, this is seen as blasphemy.
    And TBH guys who join pick up do have low self confidence and are trying to pick it up(excuse the pun) and become more confident.Most people that do PU are pretty insecure at first.
    Girls with short skirts have low confidence/insecurities, but when they get attention, confidence goes up briefly then they feel used. It doesn't solve long term problems.
    pickup aint that bad
    I wrote all that and he starts this thread up, what a waste of time.

Clearly this is a losing battle mate. Obviously half of these people do not understand the true dynamics of game (well its TSR afterall) with true game being inner game (life building). As for the girls their power in the attraction stages is under threat by the PUA stuff, thats why they see it incredibly negatively.

...let them live in bliss. More power to us.

i think the girls don't like it when a ugly guy or some 1 they didn't find physically attactive suddenly becomes attractive with game. If he didn't have no game then there would be a chance in hell she'd go out with him. LOL.

I swear men have got it bad these days, they tell them to be them selves and yet they don't want to date them, women play so many mind games its unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    PUA is about giving out the impression (false in most cases) that one is an alpha-male. This is different to girls doing their dressing up thang'.

ReputationRep:
    uhm, whats PUA?

(Original post by Medievalist)
    uhm, whats PUA?
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floofy)
    Look, we all play games. It happens. But when things are done through the internet, and gurus are consulted, it just seems kinda slimy.
    I think we all play games to a degree, but women are bigger headf*cks than guys can ever be. All this slimy behaviour is jsut a natural response.

(Original post by Medievalist)
    uhm, whats PUA?
    I'm guessing, pick up artist.

ReputationRep:
    This Pick Up Artist stuff is just the male equivalent of what womens magazines have been doing to women for ages - making money out of their desire to be sexually attractive. Put the words "what men really want - the secrets revealed" on the front of a womens mag and they will be queueing up in their droves to buy it, it will just tell them some general common sense stuff.

Its the same with those things on the internet with random CAPITAL letters in every few LINES which pertain to tell you the secrets of how to make a woman FEEL sexual energy, tell you the MISTAKES which most men make and how to use METHOD to get laid as much as you can. Download my FREE ebook for just $29.99 and I can GUARANTEE that you get women FALLING over THEMSELVES for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i think the girls don't like it when a ugly guy or some 1 they didn't find physically attactive suddenly becomes attractive with game. If he didn't have no game then there would be a chance in hell she'd go out with him. LOL.

I swear men have got it bad these days, they tell them to be them selves and yet they don't want to date them, women play so many mind games its unbelievable.
    to be honest, good looking or ugly, you'll need to show game/alpha male characteristics to get girls
    unless your outrageously good looking or ugly
    an average looking guy with game and social standing will attract more girls than a good looking bloke with no friends and being low on the social ladder.
    Also, looks you have no control over, so it gives people who weren't blessed in the looks department a chance to better themselves.
    TBH, attraction is not just about "good looks", even physical attraction. I can't explain it here, but looks don't play a part in getting a partner. They can help , but they are not even the most important thing. Unless under peer pressure, girls do not care too much on your looks even when looking for partners.

ReputationRep:
    The OP certainly has a point. It would be very much a case of "pots and kettles." PUA, from what I've read (admittedly not a lot) doesn't advocate lying about yourself as much as adjusting parts of ones personality to create a sense of attraction. I think creating that sense of attraction is a lot easier for women because us guys tend to notice flesh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    make a woman FEEL sexual energy, tell you the MISTAKES which most men make and how to use METHOD to get laid as much as you can. Download my FREE ebook for just $29.99 and I can GUARANTEE that you get women FALLING over THEMSELVES for you.

lol that sounds about right.

Pickup doesnt really do anything, its a placebo that gives guys enough confidence to talk to girls and generally improve themselves. Think about how 'game' now is different from 'game' 5 years ago. PUAs dont run around with fluffy hats on anymore asking 'who lies more?' Have women changed in the last 5years? of course not. Do PUAs still pull? yes. Do normal guys with confidence still pull? yes.

ReputationRep:
    Ive never worn a low cut top or short skirt with the sole intention of picking up a guy, thats probably the last on my list of reasons. I wear them because they make me feel good about myself and I like to feel girly in skirts, not because I care what other people think. Hell, if I did I wouldnt wear half the things I do.

Oh yeah, ugly guys+pick up material= cringeeeee.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest, good looking or ugly, you'll need to show game/alpha male characteristics to get girlsunless your outrageously good looking or ugly
    an average looking guy with game and social standing will attract more girls than a good looking bloke with no friends and being low on the social ladder.
    Also, looks you have no control over, so it gives people who weren't blessed in the looks department a chance to better themselves.
    TBH, attraction is not just about "good looks", even physical attraction. I can't explain it here, but looks don't play a part in getting a partner. They can help , but they are not even the most important thing. Unless under peer pressure, girls do not care too much on your looks even when looking for partners.
    I personally disagree with that. I have seen many average/below average lookin guys in relationships and they have no game or alpha male characteristics.

Higher social standing- more likely to find a partner, not because of their poistion in their peer group but that they are more likley to engage and striker up conversations with members of the opposite sex and so have a higher chance of getting a relationship. At then end of the day if you don't get talking and showing interest, you arent going to get anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyler Statham)
    I personally disagree with that. I have seen many average/below average lookin guys in relationships and they have no game or alpha male characteristics.

Higher social standing- more likely to find a partner, not because of their poistion in their peer group but that they are more likley to engage and striker up conversations with members of the opposite sex and so have a higher chance of getting a relationship. At then end of the day if you don't get talking and showing interest, you arent going to get anywhere.
    ok you may have seen them, but the most succesful males in getting girls have dominant string personalities that others envy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    Ive never worn a low cut top or short skirt with the sole intention of picking up a guy, thats probably the last on my list of reasons. I wear them because they make me feel good about myself and I like to feel girly in skirts, not because I care what other people think. Hell, if I did I wouldnt wear half the things I do.

Agreed. Women don't just try to look attractive so they can trick men into sleeping with them :rolleyes: Besides, when women doll themselves up, men KNOW they're dolled up. It hardly counts as a mind game. You can see makeup pretty easily.

ReputationRep:
    ok you may have seen them, but the most succesful males in getting girls have dominant string personalities that others envy
    The most succesful guy gets the girl, not girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)

Right. I am going to call ******** on this statement. A lot of girls say it makes them feel good. But they never explain the why. It makes them feel good, because it looks good. How do they know it looks good, because it attracts guys. So actually you are really dressing subconsiously to be attractive to guys, whether or not you tell yourself it's because it feels good. I'm so tired of that statement tbh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.