Alumni Directory Watch

gorton15
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi all,

Was wondering if British universities have alumni directories in their career center. I go to a school that's non-target for half the BB's and got interviewed by the others coz I had access to the alumni directory (their position, firm, email, and office phone). I am going to St. Andrews for MSc in Analytical Finance. I know that many firms where I'd like to interview do not recruit on campus. What's the best way to get alumni info?

Thanks!
np_desi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gorton15)
Hi all,

Was wondering if British universities have alumni directories in their career center. I go to a school that's non-target for half the BB's and got interviewed by the others coz I had access to the alumni directory (their position, firm, email, and office phone). I am going to St. Andrews for MSc in Analytical Finance. I know that many firms where I'd like to interview do not recruit on campus. What's the best way to get alumni info?

Thanks!
Funnily enough, I got my letter today from UCL asking me/giving instructions on how to join the UCL Alumni
gorton15
Interesting. Are you going to? Is there one at St. Andrews, does anyone know? Also, has anyone had experience approaching alumni at investment banks/hedge-funds?
np_desi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Interesting. Are you going to? Is there one at St. Andrews, does anyone know? Also, has anyone had experience approaching alumni at investment banks/hedge-funds?
Yeah I joined. I don't see any downsides of joining
love2learn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Most careers services have some kind of alumni directory. Obviously relies on people not being like me and refusing to name names to my Uni
uthinkilltellu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sure, UCL have one, look me up at poundass69
billyboymccoy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've found Linkedin to be more useful than the alumni directory.
gorton15
Yeah, Linkedin was pretty helpful...I am emailing about 15 people I found...

Thanks!
ElemenT'
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, Linkedin was pretty helpful...I am emailing about 15 people I found...

Thanks!
Are you guys actually paying $10 per InMail? Or have you signed up for a proper account? :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise