Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay so i went to the doctors just after my last period for the pill he said i couldnt start it untill my next period.Within that time I needed to use the morning after pill (about 2 weeks ago) Now i started bleeding on monday and i took it as my period so i started taking the pill but its really light and now ive finished.Will the pill still protect me if that wasnt my period and just effects of the MAP?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You can start taking the pill at any stage in your cycle, just most girls start on the first day of their next period for immediate protection. Use condoms for the first seven days of taking the pill, just to make sure.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.