Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

please help watch

Announcements

anon or delete please

basically me and my partner have been trying for a baby in april last year i found out i was pregnant and we was both ecstatic, i began bleeding quite early on and a early scan showed my baby had stopped growing (i was 9 weeks pregnant) and i had to terminate the pregnancy.

we started trying again straight away and have not been able to conceive, how long do you have to have been trying before you can go to your doctor for fertility tests and also do you think the termination could have made me infertile....

ReputationRep:
    You have to try for a year before they want to test.
    The termination could have made things harder. Or you just havent hit ovulation time.

As a side note: are you married? Im not like a religious nutter, or amish. Just curious.

thanks for your answer, were engaged no plans to marry just yet weddings are so expensive lol well on the brightside we will have fun trying lol

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your age, females under the age of 35 are advised to try for 12 months before they consider medical help, females over 35 are advised to seek medical assitance after 6 months.

Your body is more fertile after a miscarriage and some people fall pregnant straight away within the next few months.

Have you been charting you ovulation cycles and have your periods returned to normal? if not I recommend buying a few ovulation tests to check everything is ok.

Remember stress can affect fertility and make it more difficult to conceive. If you are stil grieving or very anxious as to why you haven't conceived yet this may be affecting your chances.

www.babycentre.co.uk
    has lots of useful advice for couple trying to conceive, hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thanks for your answer, were engaged no plans to marry just yet weddings are so expensive lol well on the brightside we will have fun trying lol
    Kids arent exactly cheap.

Have you tried the old wives tales to aid pregnancy? Certain herbs? Positions? Probbaly all rubbish, but it may work in a roundabout psychological way.

Or buying some ovulation kits?

ReputationRep:
    Here's a great website for helping you track your ovulation: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Cheaper than a baby, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    Cheaper than a baby, though.
    That's very true you can organise a wedding very cheaply if you only want the basics. The cheapest baby items can sometimes be a waste of money and you still have to buy so much stuff. Second hand items can be really good but you should never use a second hand mattress and they are not cheap.

ReputationRep:
    A wedding may be cheaper than a baby, but it is not cheaper than both a wedding and a baby.

The OP wants kids for sure, so that's a given. The wedding is the only optional part, and I don't see why it particularly matters. So long as they're committed to each other and to their child, what does it matter what name you call their relationship by?

My parents never bothered to get married. They had three children and created a happy and loving household. And while many of my friends' legally married parents came to hate each other and got divorced, mine have been together now for more than 30 years and are still deeply in love.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.