Turn on thread page Beta

Acting 'clingy' towards a girl. watch

ReputationRep:
    Right so I went out with a girl the other day (first time with this girl) and it was good...she said she wants to go out another time so that is good.

Trouble is since then I got rather infatuated and texted her a lot with no responses, but really this does not shock me as I've definitely been acting very clingy.

I do like her though so where should I go from here? I was guessing backing off and not talking to her almost immediately after she logs onto MSN. I'm also not going anywhere near her name in my phones address book because the texts were too much.

The plan is/was for her to come over here next week for the day, as of yesterday when I asked she didn't say no or anything but I definitely annoyed her with the texts and stuff but I don't think I've ****** it up just yet.

What do you reckon? Thing is I'm usually quite a distant person but at first I get pretty infatuated and worry that if I don't act fast she's going to find someone better. It's just a stupid mind set to have. She ticks all the boxes for me and the first day out went really well, I just need to get over acting so into it already...after all we've only been out once but I'm getting WAY ahead of myself.

Have any girls been on the other end of this? Or guys in a similar position? I just feel dumb for not realizing all this yesterday or the day before, luckily I haven't been told to **** off or anything just yet, just hope I have time to turn it around.

ReputationRep:
    Just relax. She obviously likes you if she wants to see you again. Definitely stop with the texts, that sounds extremely annoying.

ReputationRep:
    It was definitely too much, it was her who told me that I should "show her around" my home town sometime so she must like me, I just don't want to push her away like I am currently doing. Luckily I don't think it's all over yet.

(Original post by -Adeline-)
    Just relax. She obviously likes you if she wants to see you again. Definitely stop with the texts, that sounds extremely annoying.
    Aye, will do. Today I'm not even thinking about her really (aside from typing here) where as yesterday it was all I could focus on, weird as today I don't feel like that at all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm like this too.

As much as it pains you do to so...let her chase you for the next date...:yep:
    And if she does, trust me, it's a very good feeling.
    I always used to text this girl that i'm dating first....now she's texting me all the time :woo:

But obviously if she doesn't text you in a few days, you need to ring her up and explain the situation.
    Basically explaining that your making all the effort and feel useless due to her not returning it and why she hasn't returned it. etc etc.

Good luck pal.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers! hopefully it can be turned around, i'm definitely not texting her and taking it way slower on MSN.

ReputationRep:
    Don't ever be clingy. Its better to be distant than suffocating. If somebody wants you then they can always find you.

Get a load of hobbies and then if you're tempted to text or msn all the time, do that instead. It'll stop you from being clingy and you'll be more interesting and fulfilled when you do spend time with the other person.

ReputationRep:
    on't be a clingy *****. Seriously, a text a day. No messaging her on MSN every two seconds. Be your own man. Go out and do some things that you like to do. If she wants to speak to you she will.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.