The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
its people like your father why so many people are racist towards muslims
Reply 61
No, of course not!

Islam is just a religion for brown people, not for white or black people!

:rolleyes: give your dad a slap for me and go to your friends funeral.

I am sorry for your loss.

Islam is not like that at all, it is the opposite, it treats non Muslims with respect because Islam recognises and uses a lot of teachings from Christianity and Judaism.
Reply 62
Yes you can to the funeral. I can't see why not.

Before a persons religion, race or whatever they are a human being.
And you are going to the funeral of a human being he i also your friend and is also white.
There shouldnt be an issue there.

You're gonna regret not going if you dont.
Reply 63
Anonymous
My best friend died of cancer recently (at only the age of 15) and his funeral is going to be next week. I was so shocked when I heard the news, he meant so much to me and I haven't stopped crying since.

But my dad always shouts at me when he sees me crying in my bed (when I think I'm alone and just let everything out). Apparently 'he's just a white man, what does he mean to you?' I'm not allowed to argue back, to argue that regardless of colour, race, religion, whatever I am totally hurt and genuinely really really saddened by his death, it hurts so much because I'm meant to be 'daddy's good little girl who cooks and cleans and stays at home'. URGH, it makes me so angry ...

'Your brothers in Palestine are being murdered every day and do you cry then?'

That's all he ever drills in me, but what the hell do random men in Palestine have to do with me?!?

And now he's not letting me go to his funeral because of our cultural/religious differences apparently and the fact that he's male

But Muslims, is he actually allowed to do this?? Is there anything in the Quran that says we can't go to others' funerals??

:frown:

i know exsacly how you feel, i'm a fellow muslim girl, my friend died in march from HIv she was a girl, i cried and she was so young but i wasnt allowed either it just the rules, dont worry you meet you friend in after life
your dad is ****** up in the head. :h:

HNA
i know exsacly how you feel, i'm a fellow muslim girl, my friend died in march from HIv she was a girl, i cried and she was so young but i wasnt allowed either it just the rules, dont worry you meet you friend in after life

what, it's the rules in islam not to go to non muslim people's funerals, or be friends with non muslim people? what sort of insane **** is that.
Reply 65
BrightGirl
your dad is ****** up in the head. :h:

what, it's the rules in islam not to go to non muslim people's funerals, or be friends with non muslim people? what sort of insane **** is that.

I dont have problems with people but it's says in somewhere.i dont know ..it sound like we're **** in the head but thats it ><
Anonymous
My best friend died of cancer recently (at only the age of 15) and his funeral is going to be next week. I was so shocked when I heard the news, he meant so much to me and I haven't stopped crying since.

But my dad always shouts at me when he sees me crying in my bed (when I think I'm alone and just let everything out). Apparently 'he's just a white man, what does he mean to you?' I'm not allowed to argue back, to argue that regardless of colour, race, religion, whatever I am totally hurt and genuinely really really saddened by his death, it hurts so much because I'm meant to be 'daddy's good little girl who cooks and cleans and stays at home'. URGH, it makes me so angry ...

'Your brothers in Palestine are being murdered every day and do you cry then?'

That's all he ever drills in me, but what the hell do random men in Palestine have to do with me?!?

And now he's not letting me go to his funeral because of our cultural/religious differences apparently and the fact that he's male

But Muslims, is he actually allowed to do this?? Is there anything in the Quran that says we can't go to others' funerals??

:frown:

He cannot abide the native western man and woman of the UK. In his opinion the way they live is immoral and sinful - why is this man living here?
Can't you speak to a religious leader?
Haven't read the post - only the title.

But my opinion is this: go!! You are going to pay your last respects - who ever is trying to prevent you from going, ignore them.
Being Muslim myself, my own dad has gone to other non-Muslims funerals actually my whole family has. Islam treats non-Muslims with respect and you should attend your friends funeral; its your duty to. Make up an excuse to your dad and go.
You can go as long as you dont get involved in any ritual that would be commiting shirk
Reply 71
booraad
Are you actually a Muslim..? Having Muslim parents doesn't mean you automatically are a Muslim.

If you weren't being serious I'd give you a pos rep for making me laugh.
Reply 72
I'm sorry about your friend but your Dad is being a total *******. What kind of father would not allow their own child to go to a friends funeral?
firstly, tell your dad the white men don't want him here, he can go help his "brothers" in Palestine or Iraq or where ever he wants. Does he approve of suicide bombings or something? If so tell him to man up and get it done.

Now that's all over and done with. Go to your friends funeral! Is he Christian? If so he is one of the "people of the book" and so actually he should be able to enter Jannah anyway, so I don't see why going to his funeral is a bad thing. I would understand if he was say Hindu but he does follow an Abrahamic religion.

Finally if your Dad(assuming he's all talk and isn't on that plane to fight the Jews or American troops) is not letting you go because of free-mixing tell him: " not everyone is so perverted as to think people are going to be thinking about who their going to have sex with AT A FUNERAL. Maybe you(dad) fantasise about women/objects(since it seems that what he considers you as) at Islamic funerals but people with any humanity inside them don't".

Easy as that.:biggrin:
With all respect your father is an ignorant moron. Please go to the funeral and pay your respects otherwise you'll regret it.
Reply 75
DancinBallerina
Haven't read the post - only the title.

But my opinion is this: go!! You are going to pay your last respects - who ever is trying to prevent you from going, ignore them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing#Middle_East

Yep, just ignore your dad, OP. Unfortunatly, seeing as your dad sounds like a fairly devout muslim, you might be seeing your friend in the afterlife sooner than you might think.

I would say try and reason with him, but somehow I don't think it'd work. I personally wouldn't risk disobeying him on something like this. yes it's unfair and cruel, but I don't think your friend would want you to put yourself in danger.
snipex
If you weren't being serious I'd give you a pos rep for making me laugh.

same, made me lol.

"dad I don't want to be a Muslim!.....dad...why are you picking up that brick....and that knife....."

not haha funny, but funny the person thinks she could walk away from Islam in a conservative family like she's in.
HNA
I dont have problems with people but it's says in somewhere.i dont know ..it sound like we're **** in the head but thats it ><

Nowhere in the Qu'ran does it say that Muslims aren't allowed to be frieds with non-Muslims, nor does it say you're not allowed to attend their funerals. Where are you getting your odd beliefs from?
Reply 78
Your father is a bigoted fool and I hope he burns in hell. Bit harsh but its men like him that are fuelling islamophobia with their twisted and seriously ****** up views on religion.
He doesn't know Islam. And don't for a second think his views on religion are accurate in the slightest. You CAN visit a graveyard, and you CAN pay your respects to your friend. He's your FRIEND.

Tell him if he cares about his brothers dying abroad why he doesn't go join and fight them. He is a coward and I hope you can change his was of thinking.

Go to the funeral. And may God save you from your father's prickishness. :P

Errrm its wikipedia talkin about honour killings? . . :s-smilie: Im not getting involved in this debate about religion and whatever, but just saying - go and pay your last respects to your friend if you really want to. If your afraid of your dad then don't go, but personally I'd go.

Latest

Trending

Trending