Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me please how do you know how much is a 7, 6, etc for each subject? My coordinator has told me about the grades I got but not the grade boundary...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catchetat)
    Can anyone tell me please how do you know how much is a 7, 6, etc for each subject? My coordinator has told me about the grades I got but not the grade boundary...
    Here you go

http://www.sevenoaksschool.org/clien...aries_2009.pdf

Found this link on another thread, so credit goes to whoever provided the link :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <liverpoolfc>)
    Here you go

http://www.sevenoaksschool.org/clien...aries_2009.pdf

Found this link on another thread, so credit goes to whoever provided the link :p:
    Wow cheers! Hmm but does that apply only to the people from that TZ? I'm from TZ2. But anyways thanks for the help. It will be a good indication I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catchetat)
    Wow cheers! Hmm but does that apply only to the people from that TZ? I'm from TZ2. But anyways thanks for the help. It will be a good indication I guess.
    Yeah Sevenoaks is in TZ2 so the boundaries applies to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittten)
    Thank you

As for how long it takes, I requested a remark on results day and payed the deposit then, but I don't think they send it off for a while. I got the reply back for my EE (German) yesterday. I was told it could take up to a month to get a reply, so I'm expecting to be waiting a bit for English. I think it depends which exam markers are on holiday / easily contactable / free for how long it comes back.
    How does remarking actually work, and how and to who do you send papers you want remarked? I'm so confused...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smileytwin)
    How does remarking actually work, and how and to who do you send papers you want remarked? I'm so confused...:confused:
    Ummm my IB coordinator sorted it out for me. I just asked for a remark and payed the money. I think she then contacted the IBO in Switzerland to say I had requested it, then they just sort it from there.

ReputationRep:
    My overall score for Maths HL (stats) was 72/100, exactly. The boundary for a 7 was 73. One raw mark in any paper or IA (got scaled down from 36 to 30) and it would be a 7. Remark is on the way. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting English A1 HL and French B SL remarked. It was kind of odd because everything I thought went amazingly well (World Lit, English P2, French P2) came back at least a grade lower than what I expected, and the orals were 7's when I was expecting 5's :p: both were 6's in the end but English was 2.5% off a 7, and French was 2% off. *crosses fingers*

ReputationRep:
    Asked for my Chemistry HL to be remarked 3 days ago, came back today a 7! My paper 3 went up from 36 to 37, and that's all that I needed!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 marks from an A in my EE.

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my German HL, Biology HL, History HL and ToK on 15th July.
    I still havent heard anything, has anyone else sent off any of these subjects and heard anything back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam1992)
    I sent off my German HL, Biology HL, History HL and ToK on 15th July.
    I still havent heard anything, has anyone else sent off any of these subjects and heard anything back?
    Nope still waiting for History HL as well, and English HL for that matter. I was 4.5% off a 7 for Econ SL or something and it went up though so fingers crossed for the other two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mfred123)
    Nope still waiting for History HL as well, and English HL for that matter. I was 4.5% off a 7 for Econ SL or something and it went up though so fingers crossed for the other two
    I just got my History HL back and it had been raised, I hope you got good news as well!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 1 percent away from a 7 in French B, and 12 percent away from a 5.
    Should I request a remark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capellini)
    I'm 1 percent away from a 7 in French B, and 12 percent away from a 5.
    Should I request a remark?
    Its always worth giving it a shot as long as it is going to lead to something for you and not just be for the sake of it as £58 is a lot of money, you will have to be quick though as the deadline is very fast approaching, if it hasn't passed already!!

ReputationRep:
    Do you think, if i applied for the remark, I could be down graded by as much as 12 points though? Has it ever happened to anyone?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.