Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basically me and my partner are trying for a baby, last April i found out i was pregnant, i started bleeding quite early on in the pregnancy and had to have a early pregnancy scan, the scan showed my baby had stopped growing and i had to terminate the pregnancy, we started trying again straight away and have not been able to concieve, so my question is this...how long do you have to have been trying before you can go to your doctor for fertility tests etc and also do you think the termination could ave made me infertile....thanks for reading and appreciate your answers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear about your problems. :console:

I don't think anyone on here could really offer you any useful advice other than speak to you doctor. If you have any concerns as all then you should speak to them and they should be able to offer you support and advice.

It sometimes can take years for people to conceive without either of them having any problems, but it's always best to get some medical advice.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your answer yeah ill think ill go an have a chat with ma doc

ReputationRep:
    A termination wouldn't have made you infertile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil*gurly*wurly)
    basically me and my partner are trying for a baby, last April i found out i was pregnant, i started bleeding quite early on in the pregnancy and had to have a early pregnancy scan, the scan showed my baby had stopped growing and i had to terminate the pregnancy, we started trying again straight away and have not been able to concieve, so my question is this...how long do you have to have been trying before you can go to your doctor for fertility tests etc and also do you think the termination could ave made me infertile....thanks for reading and appreciate your answers
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    The way I understand it even healthy couples can take 12 months to get pregnant...and it may have taken a few months for your body to get back to normal after the miscarriage/termination.
    I doubt very much that the operation has had any effect on your fertility unless of course you suffered any major infection afterwards, which you obvioulsy would know about.
    I think most doctors would send you for basic testing etc after trying for 12 months with no success, so if I were you I would call your GP and book an appt for a chat about things.
    Best of luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.