Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the site is where you type in a car's registration number and it gives you the make, model and year of the car? I used to use it years ago, but have forgotten the site's address completely. I'm sure it's free to use.

Thanks in advance....

ReputationRep:
    Direct.gov

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_jenko)
    Does anyone know what the site is where you type in a car's registration number and it gives you the make, model and year of the car? I used to use it years ago, but have forgotten the site's address completely. I'm sure it's free to use.

Thanks in advance....
    They've got it on insurance websites, such as www.gocompare.com. But I have no idea how else you can find the cars info without going on insurance websites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asriel)
    Direct.gov
    Ok so that isnt working anymore :confused:

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/index.jsp

click vehicle enquiry on the left

ReputationRep:
    vehicle enquiry

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/Evl...ehicle+Enquiry

Insurance database enquiry http://www.askmid.com/askmid.aspx

used to check the tax and insuranceon *your* car The insurance one will show you make/model when you submit.

other than that, most insurance websites will show you the make and model if you go for a quote..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot for that guys, good work.

ReputationRep:
    How or where do i go to sell my old car registration plates?

ReputationRep:
    On my car insurance certifcate it says my car is a 5 door for some reason :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You can download car apps for iPhone icarcheck and mycarcheck

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camoxide)
    On my car insurance certifcate it says my car is a 5 door for some reason :confused:
    that would be your 4 doors and the boot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosmof)
    that would be your 4 doors and the boot...
    I have a 3 door bro

I have a 3 door bro
    Nice of you to mention it in your post then. Should probably tell your insurer too.

ReputationRep:
    I have a 3 door bro
    what does your insurance certificate say you have and your vehicle registration document? if those two dont say 3 door then something has gone very, very wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosmof)
    what does your insurance certificate say you have and your vehicle registration document? if those two dont say 3 door then something has gone very, very wrong...

Don't have access to the V5C atm but it I think it says 3 door.

The updated versions of the insurance certificate had the door reference removed so it might have been a mistake.

Put my car in: Car found! NISSAN MICRA EQUATION, 1.0L (998cc), 3 doors, Manual, Petrol, 1998

Yeah. Not really a problem then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.