Turn on thread page Beta

Not getting tuition fee grant watch

ReputationRep:
    Since I found out that I won't be getting tuition fee grant as I was studying at my previous university and I left due to health reasons, I was wondering what my options are.

Thanks for any advice, its greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you mean loan?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Save up? Use any other loans you get for the tuition fees?

ReputationRep:
    'Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm?'?

ReputationRep:
    I'm was actually planning to study away from home in huddersfield but i'm thinking to study at home in birmingham instead and i meant tuition grant

(Original post by rnbchick)
    I'm was actually planning to study away from home in huddersfield but i'm thinking to study at home in birmingham instead and i meant tuition grant
    Tuition grant? :confused: I know of maintenance grant, maintenance loan and tuition fee LOAN? . .

ReputationRep:
    I was worried I wouldn't get some of my entitlement because I will technically be going to my third Uni in September, I went into the details and all they ever with-hold if you change a lot is maintenance grant and some of the maint loan, they will nearly always give you tuition fee loan, obviously amounts can depend on your family situation.

I also have not heard of grants towards tuition fees in the current system....

Luckily for me I managed to get full entitlement for everything, because I applied and explained my situation, leaving the first Uni for "argh crap it didnt work out and I got all upset and failed some stuff" reason,which is pretty pathetic in the scheme of things, and leaving the second cause I wanted to do my final year elsewhere, and it all worked out, so I don't see why they would refuse you at just a "second shot" if there were real health problems involved.

So If you are just presuming cause you heard like I did that there can be problems, don't just assume, apply anyway and keep contacting them and be patient because they take ages to assess different situations.

Also i recommend printing out the forms as the online system goes down way too much, and you are going to have to post off a signature anyway i think.

ReputationRep:
    You need to provide medical evidence in order to qualify for the tuition fee support. If you don't, you will only be entitled to a maintenance loan.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.