Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Starting uni again after working in a physical job and wanna keep fit! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've spent the last 15 months working 10 hours a day on a farm, which involves a fair bit of physical exertion, and I'm going back to university in September which is going to be a bit of a lifestyle change. I do try to keep fit and eat healthily but since I've been working at the farm I've been able to eat more without putting weight on, as I've burned it off more easily.

So I know I'll need to watch what I eat a bit more, to compensate for all those hours sitting on my bum in lecture halls/library/pub lol - but can anyone suggest a decent workout schedule to keep fitness up and toning/weight management? I definitely don't want to lose any weight but at the same time don't want to put any on!

I like jogging/running, swimming, horseriding and going to the gym - just need a schedule that'll equate to what my body's got used to over the last year or so. Thanks!! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sologirl)
    I've spent the last 15 months working 10 hours a day on a farm, which involves a fair bit of physical exertion, and I'm going back to university in September which is going to be a bit of a lifestyle change. I do try to keep fit and eat healthily but since I've been working at the farm I've been able to eat more without putting weight on, as I've burned it off more easily.

So I know I'll need to watch what I eat a bit more, to compensate for all those hours sitting on my bum in lecture halls/library/pub lol - but can anyone suggest a decent workout schedule to keep fitness up and toning/weight management? I definitely don't want to lose any weight but at the same time don't want to put any on!

I like jogging/running, swimming, horseriding and going to the gym - just need a schedule that'll equate to what my body's got used to over the last year or so. Thanks!! )
    Er, can you not time manage yourself?

ReputationRep:
    LOL of course I can, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas/tips. Thanks for the helpful input!

ReputationRep:
    You've pretty much summed it up yourself, you can swim, horseride, jog, go to the gym instead. You'll never recreate that same level of physical work because doing physical work for 10 hours/day at uni isn't going to happen, but just exercise whenever you can fit it in.

Resistance work is good. Squats and deadlifts are good, for everyone. You seem to have a fair good idea of what you'll be doing anyway to exercise, so just do those above things whenever you can fit them in.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Taddy Just have visions of becoming a heifer at uni and I don't want that to happen, lol!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.