Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance Tuition Fees related question.. watch

ReputationRep:
    I have recently applied for student finance, and as my firm is St Andrews I correctly stated that I would require £1820 in tuition fee loan.

However, my concern is that I will not achieve the grades for St Andrews and will thus being going to university in England and would therefore require £3,225 in tuition fee loan.

So my question is: If this situation occurs how will I go about changing the amount of loan which I receive if I can even do that?

Thank you and I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, I found it quite difficult to explain :p:

ReputationRep:
    I undrestand the question but i don't know the answer...sorry.
    One thing though, when i got my SF info back it said £3225 for the tuition for 2009 and i am only doing a foundation course so it should be £1285. I called SF and they said that before they paid any money out the university would invoice them, so therefore they would definitely know how much you needed...
    Therefore if you do go elsewhere they will bill SF for the full amount.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you ticked that you want the maximum, then the loans people will only pay however much the fees are set at by the University you end up going to.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.