The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Most people arrive for the first night that halls are open so that you get settled in and meet everyone. I'd guess that's the 19th this year.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Yep :smile: I'll be arriving sometime that weekend too.
(I'll be a second year, but Freshers Week is wayyy too much fun to miss out on!)
Reply 3
M_E_X
Yep :smile: I'll be arriving sometime that weekend too.
(I'll be a second year, but Freshers Week is wayyy too much fun to miss out on!)

I had an amazing time last year during Freshers' Week, so I'm really looking forward to it this year...(despite no longer being a fresher :frown: ) :woo: I'm volunteering as one of those Orientation peoples so I can't wait to feed the minds of the freshers with all kinds of nonsense! :yep:
chester.
I had an amazing time last year during Freshers' Week, so I'm really looking forward to it this year...(despite no longer being a fresher :frown: ) :woo: I'm volunteering as one of those Orientation peoples so I can't wait to feed the minds of the freshers with all kinds of nonsense! :yep:

We should make you a great big TSR badge to make all the TSRians feel welcome :h:

To OP: I would aim to arrive in time for fresher's week, but only once your halls are open. I think that will probably leave you with the Saturday or Sunday before fresher's week. There is no problem arriving a little bit later than that, mind you.
chester.
can't wait to feed the minds of the freshers with all kinds of nonsense! :yep:

I heard a good one the other day - apparently if you have your gown on at midnight on the full moon it gives you the ability to fly, but you have to be careful if the moon disappears cos then you fall out of the sky!
Reply 6
Somewhere between Fresher's week and the start of term.
Reply 7
I'm hopefully going up for the 19th.
Reply 8
I'm getting there on the sunday.. which is like the 20th? I dunno... but yay can't wait!!
Reply 9
Halls open on the 19th, so I guess most people will be heading up around the 19th/20th if it's anything like last year... def don't miss freshers :wink:
I'm getting there on the 18th for the freshers week volunteers meeting :smile: Can't wait, it's gonna be an epic week...epic year!! :smile:
Reply 10
I'm getting there in two months today! XD (Aka 19th sept)
Reply 11
Think most freshers last year turned up on the saturday at the start of freshers week though there were a good few on the sunday too. Wouldn't advise leaving it any later than the sunday.
Reply 12
Since residences open at 10 am on Saturday the 19th that's the earlier one can arrive and be allocated to the halls. I'm arriving on the 18th so that I can be there on time. I mean, I couldn't miss a minute!!:smile:
Many people arriving from abroad, like me, are spending some days in Edinburgh as well before getting to St Andrews.
Reply 13
I'm arriving on the 19th.
Reply 14
I'm aiming to arrive in st andrews on the 19th, wouldn't want to miss the good stuff :smile:
I'm going to leave for Edinburgh on the 7th and stay with relatives until the 19th when I'm going to move in. I can't wait!
19th I reckon, seems the time to come.
I'm going over on the 19th since that is when the halls open but I suggest you check your hall to see when the warden gives his/her speech :smile:
Reply 18
I'm flying up on the 17th. Looks like I'll be the first one there. :o:

I just wanted to make sure I could sort out everything (bank accounts, etc.) before any university-related activities begin. :p:
Ignatius
I'm flying up on the 17th. Looks like I'll be the first one there. :o:

I just wanted to make sure I could sort out everything (bank accounts, etc.) before any university-related activities begin. :p:

But halls don't open till the 19th, where are you staying?

Latest

Trending

Trending