St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
With my brother in a hotel :s-smilie:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 21
I'm coming up on the 19th but won't get there til late.
Will we be able to move into halls at any time that day or will I miss being able to pick up keys etc if it's late afternoon-ish??
Reply 22
Do you lose out socially if you arrive on the sunday instead of the saturday?
Reply 23
I know there's a dinner on the evening of the 18th in most halls as a chance to meet up woth other people but theactual activities and socializing starts on Sunday. :smile:
Reply 24
Elena*
I know there's a dinner on the evening of the 18th in most halls as a chance to meet up woth other people but theactual activities and socializing starts on Sunday. :smile:

I think you mean on the evening of the 19th :smile:
We're planning on arriving some time during the day of Saturday 19th.. the guide to my halls definitely says my first meal is that evening.

Btw has everyone recieved their welcome packs yet?? Cos I haven't :s-smilie: And does anyone know about how much gowns will cost at the gown sale in freshers week? Because an old friend who also went to St A has offered to sell me hers, still in good condition apparently, for £60.. but I wasn't sure if this was good..? Thanks for your help :smile:
ahh are we supposed to get welcome packs? i haven't gotten one either :frown:
Brand new gowns will definitely be more than £135 (that was the price a few years ago). I'll see if I can find a price somewhere.

If you buy your friends, make sure it is the right length for you - it should fall to just below your knees roughly.
That's so much :O
la_banane_verte
Brand new gowns will definitely be more than £135 (that was the price a few years ago). I'll see if I can find a price somewhere.

If you buy your friends, make sure it is the right length for you - it should fall to just below your knees roughly.

Thanks that's good to know, I'll make sure I try it on :smile: But I really hope it fits cos wow that is a lot!! Do they sell them second hand too? And do they look much better new, or just a bit? lol
-C'est Moi-
Thanks that's good to know, I'll make sure I try it on :smile: But I really hope it fits cos wow that is a lot!! Do they sell them second hand too? And do they look much better new, or just a bit? lol

They do sell second hand ones, but they go fast so if you want one, get there as soon as the sale starts. Some of them are very good quality second hand (i.e. the ones that have hardly been worn and have been kept out of direct sunlight). You do get some second-hand ones that have faded and gone a funny orange colour, but they're still ok!
The 19th, seems so soon! :frown:
Reply 32
aaandreaaa
I think you mean on the evening of the 19th :smile:

Oh, yeah! Mistyping! On the 19th. And the Union is also hosting a welcome party on the same night.:smile:
Reply 33
-C'est Moi-

Brand new gowns are £135 and second hand ones are £85. Got it in a flyer i recieved through the post today about freshers.
I'm going up next Saturday (although my parents will be staying in St A's until Tuesday for their own personal leisure :rolleyes:). I'm actually looking forward to it now. :excited:
You mean you weren't before? :p:
Meteorshower
You mean you weren't before? :p:

Strangely enough, I haven't really thought about it much. :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending