Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    With my brother in a hotel

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming up on the 19th but won't get there til late.
    Will we be able to move into halls at any time that day or will I miss being able to pick up keys etc if it's late afternoon-ish??

ReputationRep:
    Do you lose out socially if you arrive on the sunday instead of the saturday?

ReputationRep:
    I know there's a dinner on the evening of the 18th in most halls as a chance to meet up woth other people but theactual activities and socializing starts on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elena*)
    I know there's a dinner on the evening of the 18th in most halls as a chance to meet up woth other people but theactual activities and socializing starts on Sunday.
    I think you mean on the evening of the 19th

ReputationRep:
    We're planning on arriving some time during the day of Saturday 19th.. the guide to my halls definitely says my first meal is that evening.

Btw has everyone recieved their welcome packs yet?? Cos I haven't And does anyone know about how much gowns will cost at the gown sale in freshers week? Because an old friend who also went to St A has offered to sell me hers, still in good condition apparently, for £60.. but I wasn't sure if this was good..? Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    ahh are we supposed to get welcome packs? i haven't gotten one either

ReputationRep:
    Brand new gowns will definitely be more than £135 (that was the price a few years ago). I'll see if I can find a price somewhere.

If you buy your friends, make sure it is the right length for you - it should fall to just below your knees roughly.

ReputationRep:
    That's so much :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la_banane_verte)
    Brand new gowns will definitely be more than £135 (that was the price a few years ago). I'll see if I can find a price somewhere.

If you buy your friends, make sure it is the right length for you - it should fall to just below your knees roughly.
    Thanks that's good to know, I'll make sure I try it on But I really hope it fits cos wow that is a lot!! Do they sell them second hand too? And do they look much better new, or just a bit? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -C'est Moi-)
    Thanks that's good to know, I'll make sure I try it on But I really hope it fits cos wow that is a lot!! Do they sell them second hand too? And do they look much better new, or just a bit? lol
    They do sell second hand ones, but they go fast so if you want one, get there as soon as the sale starts. Some of them are very good quality second hand (i.e. the ones that have hardly been worn and have been kept out of direct sunlight). You do get some second-hand ones that have faded and gone a funny orange colour, but they're still ok!

ReputationRep:
    The 19th, seems so soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaandreaaa)
    I think you mean on the evening of the 19th
    Oh, yeah! Mistyping! On the 19th. And the Union is also hosting a welcome party on the same night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -C'est Moi-)
    Brand new gowns are £135 and second hand ones are £85. Got it in a flyer i recieved through the post today about freshers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going up next Saturday (although my parents will be staying in St A's until Tuesday for their own personal leisure :rolleyes:). I'm actually looking forward to it now. :excited:

ReputationRep:
    You mean you weren't before? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    You mean you weren't before? :p:
    Strangely enough, I haven't really thought about it much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.