Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    heya just 2 questions: Roughly how much money do u spend each week overall at uni? and how much money do u spend each week on food (on average)?? thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Usually between £15 and £25. Once I managed to spend £30. Ouch.

ReputationRep:
    Well my mom sends about a €80 = £70 with me every week . . and I have it spent by say tuesday or wedesday. . . but not on food. . . on drink and smokes. .

Luckily my mom sends me like soup and ****. . and apples. . I live on apples! =]

ReputationRep:
    I'm also trying to think about this, i have bene at uni for a year now and i still dont know, it varies that much, i have a £50 a week budget and i dont think i spent over that very much. I didnt go shopping for foord every week either, sometimes it would be like once every 3/4 weeks spending about £20 if that when i went shopping.

but saying that i know that compared to a lot of people i knew, i hardly spent anything really and didnt go out that much really, just the odd drink out here and there.

ReputationRep:
    I used to do a weekly shop at tesco's (just off campus) and that would vary beteen £15-£30 but I would also have to buy some daily things like bread and such so I'd say £35 a week does it all.

ReputationRep:
    During my first term I spent something like £30-35 a week, but at the end of the year I became more selective about what I buy and decreased my spendings to around £20-25. Not sure though if it can be reduced much further. I'd like to hear from people who manage to spend only £15 a week.

ReputationRep:
    I withdraw £30 a week in cash and I usually manage to get rid of it all lol. I spend something like £15 to £20 a week on food. The most expensive thing actually most people find is nights at the pub, unless you're teetototal.

ReputationRep:
    a tenner

ReputationRep:
    £17

I look for the cheapest Deal ...... love ASDA deals

ReputationRep:
    I used to spend £50 at university :'(

ReputationRep:
    About £50 a week on food, plus another £30 maybe during the week. Sometimes not so much, sometimes more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cj-Tj)
    About £50 a week on food, plus another £30 maybe during the week. Sometimes not so much, sometimes more.
    :eek:

Okay I'd like a bit of that pls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bailey's blizzard)
    :eek:

Okay I'd like a bit of that pls!
    ?? I earn about £50 a week during term time, the rest of it comes from SLC and WUAP/ Warwick Support (or whatever they call themselves)

ReputationRep:
    I spent about £20 a week, but that was due to the fact my kitchen was so scummy I refused to cook for myself and purchased ready meals or things that didn't need cooking.

If you cook for yourself using fresh ingredients brought in large quantities, you will cut your costs loads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eldop)
    I spent about £20 a week, but that was due to the fact my kitchen was so scummy I refused to cook for myself and purchased ready meals or things that didn't need cooking.

If you cook for yourself using fresh ingredients brought in large quantities, you will cut your costs loads.
    Your kitchen was dirty so you ate crappy food? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i'm probably not a good example for this at all- i cant cook and i'm quite picky, all i eat is either takeaway or sweets+chocolate.
    but i think i spent about £50? i'd spend anywhere from £30-£100 a week actually >< but that did include going out expenses plus the occasional book.. i was awful though, and i really recommend you dont eat/drink like me or your pocket will be sorry!!
    its so sad seeing the money just trickle away ;_;

if you can cook and you arent exceptionally fussy, it is VERY possible to live on £20 a week and still have nice food!

ReputationRep:
    When I was in campus I would spend about £25-30 quid a week on food. I eat loads though, especially when it's cold.

On overall it changes from week to week..

ReputationRep:
    In the year just gone, I used to spend around £40 a week on food. Though, I often went back and bought little bits every few days, like, noodles/ sandwich meat, it added up to around £50 a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clintonio)
    In the year just gone, I used to spend around £40 a week on food. Though, I often went back and bought little bits every few days, like, noodles/ sandwich meat, it added up to around £50 a week.
    woot

gonna have to keep it up posting on here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarfairy)
    i'm probably not a good example for this at all- i cant cook and i'm quite picky, all i eat is either takeaway or sweets+chocolate.
    but i think i spent about £50? i'd spend anywhere from £30-£100 a week actually >< but that did include going out expenses plus the occasional book.. i was awful though, and i really recommend you dont eat/drink like me or your pocket will be sorry!!
    its so sad seeing the money just trickle away ;_;

if you can cook and you arent exceptionally fussy, it is VERY possible to live on £20 a week and still have nice food!
    :ninja:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.