Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ds-payout.html

Any thoughts ?

ReputationRep:
    Daily Mail? That means it's false right-wing propoganda!

Jokes aside, She is quite sexy. Though pretty stupid to be doing a job like that. It's in her rights though.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would be very complimented, then slightly annoyed, and then go and get another job :p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't think she suited that job
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Sounds like her colleagues were jealous to be fair!

ReputationRep:
    How can you be too sexy for prison? Everybody looks the same from behind.

Why does she work in a prison? :lolwut:

Unless it's got crazzy pay. How much does a job like that pay? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Too sexy? Is it only me who can see the gammy eye and nose?
    That aside, knowing people who are prison officers myself, and with her being a size 4 and that tiny, it probably wasnt the most appropriate job in the world for her anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Why does she work in a prison? :lolwut:

Unless it's got crazzy pay. How much does a job like that pay? :unsure:
    About £25,000 a year in London as far as I know.
    My mum used to be a prison officer, and thats what she was on after a year of doing it a couple of years ago.

ReputationRep:
    TBF, if she wasn't allowed to wear make up and jewellery then she shouldn't have worn it. But other than that, stuff like "waving at inmates" I just cannot see why she was being punished for that. Jealousy maybe?

(Original post by timetokill)
    About £25,000 a year in London as far as I know.
    My mum used to be a prison officer, and thats what she was on after a year of doing it a couple of years ago.
    Teachers get about the same when starting out right?

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't really seem the type to be a prison officer to me. Especially as 5ft ffs, if some burly convict kicks off, what the **** is she gonna be able to do.

ReputationRep:
    she doesnt seem to be suited at that job. waving and talking to prisoners on her own... thats ridiculous they are in prison fgs.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like alot of people are jealous of her looks.

ReputationRep:
    She's pretty. Does sound like slight jealousy to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Teachers get about the same when starting out right?
    Yeah they are on about £20,000 starting everywhere else around £25,000 London.

Maybe she doesnt have a degree or the skills to teach? Could be a more suited position for her. Maybe its why she ended up as a prison officer. You dont need any qualifications to be one excluding passing their own tests- which are only basic maths and english and then all the self defence stuff. Pretty impossible not to pass from what my mum said.

ReputationRep:
    Size 4? No thanks :no:. Mind you, if you've been in prison with a bunch of guys after you in the shower anything feminine is appealing...

On a more serious note, yes her colleagues might be jealous, but its also her own fault for going for the job in the first place. People will claiim for anything these days.

Damn that sue for anything culture we have these days.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be slightly pissed off if i was an inmate, cos she is finee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timetokill)
    Too sexy? Is it only me who can see the gammy eye and nose?

I don't. She is hot!

ReputationRep:
    It's not jealousy at all. I have done quite a bit of work in prisons, particularly male young offenders. It is important that the staff are always professional, and there are specific codes of working to make sure everyone is safe. She obviously didn't take heed to safety warnings and so she is subject to scrutiny for that. She was making herself a target, and her colleagues could see this. So for the safety of the offenders and her's they were definitely within rights to bring this up. Come on it was only a matter of time before she did something with one, or was forced in to a cell to do something.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.