The Student Room Group

Does anyone else just want to, get away?

So im sat here on my laptop, its summer (supposedly), yet just yesterday it p!ssed down with rain, on and off all day. That isnt summer which ever way you look at it.
I leave my holiday and it was near enough 30C, when we land in the UK its 12C.
Ive lived in the same house all my life, so naturally i know my surrounding areas. And man im so bored of them, the same scenery, the same places the same people every day. I really dont like what people my age are like now. I went to a village the other day where one of my friends live and theres chavs everywhere. People sell weed on the park or stroll around with a carrier bag full of beers in the early evening. Girls are another thing. A lot of them are putting on weight now, probably cuz fast food is so cheap and easy to get hold of. Teenage pregnancies are another issue as well.

Basically i want to move away somewhere, and i really hope to by the time im 21 (18 atm).
Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me being ott?
Reply 1
Yeh i wanna move america but not because of chavs or teenage pregnancies, just because this place is soooooooo boring.
I feel like that all the time.
I'd go for random day outs if I had the money.
Reply 4
Impreza18
So im sat here on my laptop, its summer (supposedly), yet just yesterday it p!ssed down with rain, on and off all day. That isnt summer which ever way you look at it.
Ive lived in the same house all my life, so naturally i know my surrounding areas. And man im so bored of them, the same scenery, the same places the same people every day. I really dont like what people my age are like now. I went to a village the other day where one of my friends live and theres chavs everywhere. People sell weed on the park or stroll around with a carrier bag full of beers in the early evening. Girls are another thing. A lot of them are putting on weight now, probably cuz fast food is so cheap and easy to get hold of. Teenage pregnancies are another issue as well.

Basically i want to move away somewhere, and i really hope to by the time im 21 (18 atm).

Jeremy Kyle?

But seriously, who doesn't feel like that.
Reply 5
yeah. i do.
hopefully uni in september though :smile:
Reply 6
Well its good to see others feel the same.
I'm not so naive to think that anywhere other than the UK is bliss. Even if its not, i would still like to move to somewhere for a year or 2 just for the experience.
Need money for that though lol
Impreza18

One of the best things about uni is the change of scene and meeting a new crowd of people. You'd be surprised how much a new environment can invigorate a person.
Reply 8
Yes :smile: I was so depressed to get back off holiday two weeks ago. I've already got nearly everything sorted to go back out next summer for three months.
Reply 9
Yeah, after I went to uni I really realised how crappy my hometown is...exactly as you described. That's why I've stayed in my uni town, and I'll be moving down South to a nicer area when I get a graduate job.
Reply 10
I know how you feel. I've been looking into doing voluntary work or paid work abroad next summer just so i don't have a repeat of this summer. Even working on a christian cruise. Anything lol.
The thing is with these feelings is to make sure it's not just a case of 'the grass is greener elsewhere.'

However, it can't help to look into places or things you could get involved in to spend some time away.
Reply 12
Sagittarius_GBR
The thing is with these feelings is to make sure it's not just a case of 'the grass is greener elsewhere.'

However, it can't help to look into places or things you could get involved in to spend some time away.

Well you have to be a bit optomistic about other places or you will just end up remaining in the same place all your life because you THINK nowhere else is any better.
Reply 13
I know exactly what you mean... went to town the other day and all i could see were chavs and their skanky girlfriends. It was cold and windy yesterday too why the hell were they wearing low cut tops and a belt for shorts? They do that and yet their fat because of the 3 macdonalds we have in our town... There's plenty to do here but everywhere I go the crowd is just wrong... I was on a gap year too! I've pretty much lost touch with most of my friends and I've never felt so bored and lonely... would love to just get away for a few months... But like you said... no money.
Lenny Kravitz does. :yep:
Reply 15
i was thinkin this yestaday actually..i was so bored with nothing to do but sit on ma laptop cos the weather was horrible..
i would love to just leave the town i live in, i have lived here my whole life but it just doesnt appeal to me at all the only good points is its were my friends, family, and bf live..
but if i had the money i would go somewere far away even if it was just for a few months to experience a new place..but i defenately dont want to spend my whole life in the same town...20years is already way to long!
You don't need money to go away for the summer. Get a job in one of the holiday parks and you get paid for being away!

Latest

Trending

Trending