Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My BF is an MSN BORE. watch

Announcements

I'm dating my boyfriend long distance at the moment, calls everyday cost loads and we're both skint students so we opted for talking via msn. we've done this before anyway.

Anyway, he is the biggest conversation bore ever! It gets on my nerves! its like he doesnt even try

this is a typical msn chat:

him: hi!
    me: hey! howre you?
    him: good thanx
    me: im good too.. just got back from work!
    him: good good
    me: saw <insert name> on the way back, you remember him/her right?
    him: yeh
    me: so you upto much then?
    him: no
    me: got any plans for later? any news or anythng?
    me: im thinking of going into town on the weekend! :]
    him: cool

argh!!
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

The thing is, when i get so fed up with it, i stay off it for a while and then he complains that we never get to talk!! :mad:

would anyone else be irritated by it?

ReputationRep:
    Get skype and a headset. Free voice calls! Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise you can talk over the net for free? Just get a mic and you're set.
    Otherwise he really doesn't seem that interested in you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm dating my boyfriend long distance at the moment, calls everyday cost loads and we're both skint students so we opted for talking via msn. we've done this before anyway.

Anyway, he is the biggest conversation bore ever! It gets on my nerves! its like he doesnt even try

argh!!

The thing is, when i get so fed up with it, i stay off it for a while and then he complains that we never get to talk!! :mad:

Some guys just aren't good on MSN or on the phone. I'm fine talking to people face to face but i literally don't think i have ever had a phone conversation go on longer than ten minutes. I just talk about what needs talking about and i'm done.
    For the life of me i have never understood how some girls can talk on the phone for over an hour.

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you
    *Webcam ;]
    * Mics, if youve got them
    * Play those silly little games/ make up your own likee 'the question game'
    * Watch movies together and like press play/pause and stuff at the same time=] so your on the same part and can talk about it lol [I love doing that]

Need to be more inventive is all I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Certainly sounds like he's not that interested in you but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and say maybe he just doesn't like talking over msn.

he might just LITERALLY be crap at msn convo. I know im rubbish at telephone convos, people always get anoyed at me about it. i just freeze n duno what to say. But on msn/emails/txts cos i have time to think about what im saying, its much better.

ReputationRep:
    Remember people on MSN are likely to be doing many things at once so you haven't got his undivided attention, compared to when you would talk face to face.

Skype is a winner, try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sagittarius_GBR)
    Remember people on MSN are likely to be doing many things at once so you haven't got his undivided attention, compared to when you would talk face to face.

Skype is a winner, try it.
    This ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Some guys just aren't good on MSN or on the phone. I'm fine talking to people face to face but i literally don't think i have ever had a phone conversation go on longer than ten minutes. I just talk about what needs talking about and i'm done.
    For the life of me i have never understood how some girls can talk on the phone for over an hour.
    Haha guilty:yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Get a headset and use the MSN voice call thing

ReputationRep:
    Phone him instead?
    I find talking more interesting then MSN tbh...
    talk more to my good mates that way
    Because we trail off...

(on a plus note, he must like you, because he's making a effort... guessing he doesn't talk much on MSN!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Lol, I have over one hour convos with some of my guy mates! And no, they're not gay =P

My ex did that, hated it because we didn't meet for a month and a half haha.. exams >< Guess why we broke up?

ReputationRep:
    Webcam, it makes things much more interesting :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a much better person to talk to face to face than I am online ... being online just takes away the obligation to answer you since I don't see a face. xD Skype is the way to go.

ReputationRep:
    I remember back when I was fourteen or so, msn was the way to talk to friends, I was on it for hours. Nowadays I really cant stand using it, its just a terrible way to communicate. Phone calls and Skype video calls are all much better ways to talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    Get skype and a headset. Free voice calls! Sorted.
    This.

Anyway, I don't believe in long distance relationships, so I'd say it's just a matter of time :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know a few people like this who are actually alright in real life. You could call him, or tell him to sod off and get someone more interesting :P

Alternatively you could stop with the small talk and asking him something meaningful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

argh!!

I'm far more fun than that on msn. :love:

ReputationRep:
    You only give one word answers to people you're mad at/can't be bothered with.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.