Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Unless it's an aranged marriage kenyetta

I've never been in love with a girl so far, I'm not one to loosely throw it around unlike some of my mates, one mate said it when he met a girl a week before and she was going out with someone else! But there we go.
    Not for me :p:

I do find that incredibly sad.. saying you love someone straightaway... I've known some people who I reckon would say it soon in a relationship though...

True love tis hard to find I thought...

ReputationRep:
    I basically agree with rscully. But I love this quote, whether or not I think it describes reality:

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.

Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
    From Captain Corelli's Mandolin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerrySpirit)
    There is no such thing.
    Rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlanetTea)
    It's weird because everyone says that sort of thing until they fall in love and then they act like idiots. To be honest I don't understand it myself I'm just pointing out that many have been proven wrong. Perhaps your right.
    I've been in 'love'. It didn't do it for me.

ReputationRep:
    Love is when you find someone and you don't get bored of ******* them.

ReputationRep:
    It sucks ****. As anyone who truly knows me right now will understand

ReputationRep:
    Never been in love :nn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    I've been in 'love'. It didn't do it for me.
    You mean it ended badly?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper

It's indescribable; you'll just know you're in love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlanetTea)
    You mean it ended badly?
    I was being a bit flippant. Neither of the serious relationships I've been in ended badly, but the 'love' part didn't necessarily enhance them. I'm not saying love is always (or even most of the time) a bad think, but it can put unnecessary pressure on young love...oh, wait a minute.

Personally, at this moment in time, I think its more hassle than it's worth!

ReputationRep:
    Love is just a phenomenon when a little extra serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine) neurotransmitter is jacking off some of your postsynaptic metabotropic receptors.

I personally will always try to direct my love towards something I can have, pursue, have more off etc. Good example is status (or money in some cases).

Remember that money won't betray you. People often will.

Mark my words.

squishysquish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matty600)
    Rubbish!
    It's true. Honest.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    it's absolutely amazing, I miss it lots

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.