Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied several months ago for student finance, there was quite a substantial delay in processing my application.

My parents recieved a letter on the 18th June about me. It was just a short letter, the main part of which was this:
    Thank you for providing information in support of [my full name]'s application for student finance. We have now carried out an assessment and a letter will be sent to [my name] detailing their financial entitlement.
    So I waited for a letter to be sent to me, it seems they use second class post and I know it can be slow - but I recieved nothing. I was going to phone them this morning, when a letter did finally come.

But it wasn't as I expected:
    On the 18/06/09 we wrote to you confirming your entitlement to student finance and enclosed an online declaration form which we asked you to complete.

We have not yet recieved the online declaration form. Please sign, date and return the enclosed form to us... [etc.]
    With this letter the form was enclosed (which I will return today), but no financial notification. So I phoned them and they said I can just print it from my online account.
    I logged onto my account, went to view correspondence and clicked on the Financial Notification letter. It took a long time to load, but then I could not see anything - it showed me a blank page. I tried several times, still nothing.

I suppose it is not particularly important - but I'd like to see how much I am entitled to and maybe even see if they made a mistake (I don't trust them too much... they seem to get things wrong).

How can I view it?

ReputationRep:
    Surely you can't have a financial notification until they have got the declaration? Cos they won't have any proof saying how much your parents own? Or, even confirmation of this? Or am I totally confused? What is in the declaration?

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar problem; my status on the website says "approved" and has done for a while now. My mum hasn't sent in any financial information though, nor have they asked for it I haven't had any letters about final notification or anything. I am insanely confused. I hope your problem gets sorted!

ReputationRep:
    I sent in all the nessecary forms and documents, about my parents income and such (after some problems and confusion)... so my application is technically finished. I just need to send them a short form with my signature and the date declaring I agree to all the terms and conditions before I can get the financial help that they detailed in my financial notification. Except I don't have the notification so I don't know how much they have decided to give me.
    When I phoned, they said it is stapled to the form - but it's not. It might have been stapled to the first form which I never even recieved, but not this one. They seemed a little annoyed at me, and just told me to print it off from my account online... but it's not visible there.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I believe the declaration is sent to you when you've applied online, just so they have your signature on record.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.